1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unprotecting WMA files

1. Apr 4, 2007 #1
    Back when I was naive, I ripped some of my cd's and protected the content. Now, even though I have the licenses on my hdd, I cant upload them to my Ipod. There are too many files for me to rip the cd's again and I think Ive lost some of them. How would I go about loading them into my ipod?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2007 #2
    redownload them with whatever program you used. You might have to make a call so they will allow you to redownload them with whatever you were using (imesh? itunes?)

If you really need to, there's a way to do it in linux, but you'll have to research that. I know someone that can but I haven't looked into it.

4. Apr 5, 2007 #3
    I figured it out. Id bought the cds, so I had the lisences on the hdd. I just copied them on to the ipod(as external hdd) using wmp. Then converted them into aac fromat through itunes and on the ipod through that.

5. Apr 5, 2007 #4
    Good work. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?