Unprotect WMA Files: Load Into iPod

• Thread starter chaoseverlasting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files
In summary, the conversation was about the difficulty of uploading CD files to an iPod due to lost files and licenses. The suggested solution was to redownload the files with the original program, or to research a way to do it in Linux. The final solution involved copying the files onto the iPod using Windows Media Player, then converting them to AAC format through iTunes.
chaoseverlasting
Back when I was naive, I ripped some of my cd's and protected the content. Now, even though I have the licenses on my hdd, I can't upload them to my Ipod. There are too many files for me to rip the cd's again and I think I've lost some of them. How would I go about loading them into my ipod?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
redownload them with whatever program you used. You might have to make a call so they will allow you to redownload them with whatever you were using (imesh? itunes?)

If you really need to, there's a way to do it in linux, but you'll have to research that. I know someone that can but I haven't looked into it.

I figured it out. Id bought the cds, so I had the lisences on the hdd. I just copied them on to the ipod(as external hdd) using wmp. Then converted them into aac fromat through itunes and on the ipod through that.

Good work. :)

1. What is the purpose of unprotecting WMA files?

Unprotecting WMA files allows users to load and play these files on devices that do not support the WMA file format, such as iPods. It also allows for easier sharing and transferring of these files.

2. How do I unprotect WMA files?

There are several software programs and online tools available that can unprotect WMA files. Some popular options include TuneClone, NoteBurner, and Convertio. These programs typically require you to upload your WMA file and then convert it to a more universal format, such as MP3 or AAC, which can then be loaded onto an iPod.

3. Is it legal to unprotect WMA files?

The legality of unprotecting WMA files varies by country and jurisdiction. In some cases, it may be considered a violation of copyright law to remove the digital rights management (DRM) protection from these files. It is important to research the laws in your area before unprotecting any files.

4. Can I unprotect WMA files on a Mac?

Yes, there are several options for unprotecting WMA files on a Mac, including the programs mentioned above. Additionally, some media players, such as VLC, have the ability to convert WMA files to other formats.

5. Will unprotecting WMA files affect the quality of the audio?

Unprotecting WMA files typically involves converting them to a different file format, which may result in a slight decrease in audio quality. However, the difference is often negligible and may not be noticeable to the average listener.