English Expo: Me and Capslockroxx Take 2nd & 1st Place

• Thread starter binzing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary: Sounds like it was a fun event.In summary, English Expo is a competition where people compete in various events related to English. Capslockroxx won one of his events and I took second place.
binzing
Today I went down to Albuquerque and took part in a competition called English Expo and took 2nd place in one of my two events. My friend and fellow PFer Capslockroxx was there too and got 1st in one of his events.

I don't really know why I'm bothering to mention this, just felt like sharing I suppose...

Physics news on Phys.org
What was involved in this English Expo?

Cyrus said:
What was involved in this English Expo?

My particular events were Proofreading and Vocabulary, which were just multiple choice tests. Caps did Technical Writing (in which he wrote 4 pages about how to use a stapler, based upon a prompt) and Proofreading as well. We both failed miserably at proofreading for whatever reason, probably because we didn't study at all, but whatever. Anyways there's a whole variety of competitions, all relating to English of course.

Cool. Keep up the good work, learning how to write clearly is a very important skill!

Way to go, for both you and Caps. English classes have always been a thorn in my side.

That's pretty cool.. I used to enjoy English in school. What sort of vocabulary did you get tested on in your expo?

Congratulations to both of you! Well done.

I used to enjoy English classes, too. I was probably one of the few that actually enjoyed diagramming sentences.

I was okay in vocabulary, just because I read a lot, but I didn't do particularly well in learning new vocabulary.

Binzing: If you're into competitive vocabbing, you might want to add this to your arsenal of vocab drivers - http://www.freerice.com/

I found it fun. It makes you think through possible etymological routes to figure out synonyms.

Thanks everyone.

It was just something to do really, and our advanced English teacher was going to give us extra cred. for doing it, so it was worthwhile.

Congratulations!

1. What is the "English Expo" event?

The English Expo is an annual competition where students can showcase their English language skills through various activities and challenges.

2. Who are "Me" and "Capslockroxx"?

"Me" and "Capslockroxx" are two individuals who participated in the English Expo and were awarded 2nd and 1st place, respectively, for their performance.

3. What activities did the participants have to do in the English Expo?

The activities in the English Expo included writing, speaking, and listening challenges that tested the participants' proficiency in English.

4. How were the winners determined in the English Expo?

The winners were determined based on their scores in each activity and overall performance. The judges also took into consideration the participants' fluency, accuracy, and creativity in using the English language.

5. Can anyone participate in the English Expo?

Yes, the English Expo is open to all students who wish to showcase their English language skills. However, there may be certain eligibility requirements set by the organizers of the event.