Update to Girl Trouble Thread

In summary: If you want to put the kibosh on any possible romance then go ahead, tell her how nervous she makes you feel and how you're intimidated by her. And Congratulations, because you just made another friend..What about the people that are intimidated by you?The people that are intimidated by me might still like me. They might just be intimidated by my confidence.
cookiemonster said:
And what do you think of the boy, Evo?

cookiemonster
He seems very nice. But I have liked all the boys she's dated. She's too much like her mother though. She doesn't put up with much. She dumps guys if they get too clingy.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hehe... Dating... what is that? :P

So how much freedom do you give these guys? Do you let them do as they please?

cookiemonster

All these crazy relationships! AT least they are REAL relationships. What about a vitrual relationship? The relationship may be virtual, but the pain can be very real. How would you like to lose your mind and think you fell in love with someone on a forum, someone entirely unsuitable and unlikely, the antithesis of your belief system, a person who could be described as strange and goofy and a religious maniac? Someone who is either quite dense, or perhaps the wisest person you've ever met? Someone your colleagues would despise? How would you like to find yourself sneaking around reading her posts, checking for posts, hoping hysterically for answers to private messages, and then fall into a depression when she nonchalantly stopped posting and virtually removed herself from your virtual life?

i would commit e-suicide.

Dreamer said:
How would you like to lose your mind and think you fell in love with someone on a forum, someone entirely unsuitable and unlikely, the antithesis of your belief system, a person who could be described as strange and goofy and a religious maniac? Someone who is either quite dense, or perhaps the wisest person you've ever met? Someone your colleagues would despise?
Maybe these were all warning signals?

Dreamer said:
All these crazy relationships! AT least they are REAL relationships. What about a vitrual relationship? The relationship may be virtual, but the pain can be very real. How would you like to lose your mind and think you fell in love with someone on a forum, someone entirely unsuitable and unlikely, the antithesis of your belief system, a person who could be described as strange and goofy and a religious maniac? Someone who is either quite dense, or perhaps the wisest person you've ever met? Someone your colleagues would despise? How would you like to find yourself sneaking around reading her posts, checking for posts, hoping hysterically for answers to private messages, and then fall into a depression when she nonchalantly stopped posting and virtually removed herself from your virtual life?

It happened, I had to remove myself from there. She's a good person but she was giving too many red flags.

Last edited:
As far as warning signals go, since imho love/attraction is not rational, warning signals are not much use.

I know many people who have had the same experience, and I always thought they were ridiculous, until it happened to me. At least I never said anything to her.

My point, is, relationships of any sort seem to bring pain and disappointment.

Thats why you forgo relationships all together. :)

At the moment I am trying asexual reproduction.

Divide Divide!

jimmy p said:
At the moment I am trying asexual reproduction.

Cool, let us know how it goes. If it goes well, we should try it, too.

Dreamer said:
As far as warning signals go, since imho love/attraction is not rational, warning signals are not much use.

I strongly disagree. This is not based on reality.

Last edited:
Chemistry...

Chrono said:
Murphy's Love Laws
4. Brains x Beauty x Availability = Constant.

Look at me, I'm quoting myself.

Anyway, I've been reading this for a couple of days now (you think that's why I have so much girl problems?). But, this is one I don't get. Perhaps one of you can help me on this one.

Girl=time... please cont. from this deduction. :)

:biggrin: http://secularity.com :biggrin:

Jeez we may be lonely, testosterone filled individuals but we arent desperate! yet.

ps. Still going with asexual reproduction. No noticeable changes and no way near as enjoyable as its counterpart.

I thought football in England was > girls...

If that assumption is true... Get into football Jimmy!

huh? Football is a game for Ruffians trying to be gentlemen. But it is class. I rule at it, just ask Andy.

jimmy p said:
Jeez we may be lonely, testosterone filled individuals but we arent desperate! yet.

ps. Still going with asexual reproduction. No noticeable changes and no way near as enjoyable as its counterpart.

hahahahahahahahahahaha, so true so very very true

i have read the whole thread and i have had simular experiences, and the tips were great and I'm single, have been for 18 years minus a few weeks, no point geting one here I'm moving in a month, next school year the women better watch out because I'm a comin hahaha

Football in england land is Soccer right?

England land?? "Soccer" is the American for football. FOOTball is called that because people use their feet. Which is what we do in football.

jimmy p said:
FOOTball is called that because people use their feet. Which is what we do in football.

That sounds absurd to me! :grumpy: Why not try the extremely crude American football where contact with the ball by the foot occurs only 1% of the time and the "ball" is oval!

(Taking the Theodore Roosevelt way out) Our way is clearly more logical and if you disagree, you're a liar! :tongue:

EDIT: If it were up to me American football would be called by the lame name of "handoval"

motai said:
EDIT: If it were up to me American football would be called by the lame name of "handoval"

Are you ready for some handoval??

I don't know, it doesn't sound as good when you try to sing the song to it. But, you also have to rule in that they use their hands to slap their teammates around. Wait a minute, how did the discussion of football (soccer) get started in a thread concerning girls? Oh, I think I know. They must closely related somehow.

Last edited by a moderator: