Can't Find Notifications in Updated Mobile App

• Thread starter anorlunda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user who is having trouble finding notifications in the updated mobile app. They are directed to look for an icon of three horizontal bars in the top right corner, but the user clarifies that in the updated version (4.3) for Android, the top right corner has three dots instead. When pressing the three-dot icon, a menu appears with options such as "Refresh", "Mark as read", and "Show only unread". The user also mentions a three-bar icon in the top left corner, which brings up a menu with options like "Home", "Videos", and "Settings". They request a screenshot from the other person, who eventually provides it and confirms that the icon and appearance of the updated
anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
I can't find notifications in the updated mobile app.

Physics news on Phys.org
No, The updated version (4.3) android :

Top right corner is three dots. When pressed, the menu says, "Refresh, Mark as read, show only unread ".

Top left corner is three bars. When pressed the menu says, "home, videos, forum rules, messages, settings "

Screen shots attached. The icon and the appearance are very different than the old app.
1478303899713.png
1478303989116.png

@Greg Bernhardt ,
When I click the three-bar icon I get this. I thought I might not be logged in, but I checked. It says "sign out" at the bottom of this screen shot.

Screenshot_2016-11-10-10-33-46.png

Greg Bernhardt said:
What version of the app are you using?

4.3. I installed it about a month ago

Edit: Am the only one with the problem?

1. Why can't I find notifications in the updated mobile app?

The most common reason for not being able to find notifications in an updated mobile app is that the app's notification settings have been changed. Check the app's settings to make sure notifications are enabled.

2. How do I access notifications in the updated mobile app?

To access notifications in the updated mobile app, look for a bell or envelope icon in the app's menu or navigation bar. You can also try pulling down on the screen to refresh and see if any notifications appear.

3. Can I customize which notifications I receive in the updated mobile app?

Yes, many apps allow you to customize which notifications you receive. Check the app's settings to see if there is an option to choose which notifications you want to receive.

4. I used to receive notifications in the old version of the app, but not in the updated one. What happened?

It's possible that the updated version of the app has a bug or glitch that is preventing notifications from being sent. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issue. If not, you may need to contact the app's developer for further assistance.

5. Is there a way to turn off all notifications in the updated mobile app?

Yes, most apps have an option to turn off all notifications. Check the app's settings to see if there is an option to disable notifications completely. Keep in mind that this will also disable any important notifications you may want to receive, so use this feature carefully.