1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uploading Ebooks here

1. May 22, 2004 #1
    Hi Friends,
    I think it is very usefull if we can share our papers & Ebooks.
    If you need one Ebook just leave your request here and then others will help you.

What is your Idea?

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Careful now: we do not condone piracy here.

- Warren

4. May 22, 2004 #3
    I do not mean that.
    we can put here our copies,you can scan your book and upload it here.
    I saw some big forums that it is very common there to upload ebooks or articles, for example look at International Electronics Forum Center (http://www.edaboard.com).

5. May 22, 2004 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Still, uploading e-books is piracy, unless you are the author and do not have a copyright agreement with a publisher.

6. May 22, 2004 #5
    what about articles?

7. May 22, 2004 #6

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From their own instructions:
    If an article is copyrighted (has the little c in a circle), it is illegal to make it freely available unless you have permission to do so. You can even look down to the very bottom of each Physicsforums web page to see that the content posted here is copyrighted. That's to keep someone from coming here, copying and pasting the conversations, and posting them on another forum.

Last edited: May 22, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?