Effortless Photo Upload: Tips for Sharing Work Online

• Thread starter Calpalned
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of uploading photos versus typing equations in Latex. It is suggested to master Latex for easier readability and the ability for others to comment or correct specific equations. The use of plain text with subscripts and symbols is also mentioned as an alternative.
Calpalned
Sometimes it's easier to upload a photo of my work than to attempt to type up all of the equations using Latex (of which I am still a novice). However, it seems that I can only upload photos from a URL, and not directly from my computer. I upload my photos to ask.fm and use the link from there, but now that site is down. Is there a way around this?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can attach images to your posts, just select "UPLOAD A FILE" button below the edit field.

But I strongly suggest mastering LaTeX.

Borek said:
But I strongly suggest mastering LaTeX.

I agree.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but LaTeX is a lot easier to read that the rotated scribbles that you posted here. Yes, it will take you more time to post something clear than to take a snapshot. But it will take your readers less time to understand it. If you are asking for help, does it not make sense to make it easy for the people trying to help you?

Likes mfb
Also, if people want to comment on a specific equation or correct it, they can use our "quote" feature on it, and make a copy and edit it. They can't do that with an equation that's one of several embedded in an image of a whole page of work.

For equations that aren't too complicated, it's OK to use plain text with subscripts and superscripts, and the symbols that are available under the big "sigma" button on the editing toolbar, e.g.

y = x0 + v0t + 0.5at2

t = √(2gh)

etc.

Thanks everyone. I figured out how latex works.

## y = x_0 + v_0 t + \frac{1}{2} a t^2 ##
## t = \sqrt{2gh} ##

jtbell said:
y = x0 + v0t + 0.5at2

t = √(2gh)

etc.

Likes Borek, jtbell and Greg Bernhardt

1. What are some tips for organizing photos before uploading them online?

Before uploading photos online, it is important to organize them in a way that makes them easy to find and navigate. This can include creating folders or albums to group similar photos together, renaming files with descriptive titles, and using tags or keywords to categorize photos.

2. How can I ensure that my photos are high quality when uploaded online?

To maintain the quality of your photos when uploading them online, make sure to use the correct file format (such as JPEG or PNG), save them at a high resolution, and avoid compressing the files too much. Additionally, avoid editing or manipulating the photos too much before uploading them, as this can also affect the quality.

3. Are there any specific file size limitations for uploading photos online?

Many websites and platforms have their own file size limitations for uploading photos, so it is important to check the requirements before uploading. In general, larger file sizes may take longer to upload and can also impact the overall loading speed of a website, so it is recommended to resize photos to a reasonable size before uploading them.

4. How can I protect my photos from being stolen or used without permission when uploading them online?

To protect your photos from being stolen or used without permission, you can add a watermark to them before uploading. This can include your name or logo, and can help to identify that the photo belongs to you. Additionally, make sure to only upload your photos to reputable websites and consider using a copyright notice on your photos.

5. Are there any best practices for sharing photos online with others?

When sharing photos online with others, it is important to respect the privacy and ownership of the photos. Make sure to only share photos that you have permission to share and consider using private sharing options when necessary. Additionally, be mindful of the content and context of the photos before sharing them, as they may have different meanings or implications for different viewers.