Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UPS load problem

1. Sep 17, 2008 #1
    hi...
    i would like to know the fact of UPS(uninterruptible power supply) that why sometimes UPS has some problem to satisfy the load and how to recover the problem...

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2008 #2
    If you draw more amps than the UPS is rated for, it may not satisfy your load.
    You may need to buy two if you have a very large load to provide for.

4. Sep 17, 2008 #3

stewartcs

Science Advisor

Most likely your UPS is underrated for the application.

CS

5. Oct 23, 2008 #4
    Exactly !!! some time one UPC can not bear too much load and so they are not working well as per gendou you need to check your UPS capacity and if needed buy one more UPS for satisfy your requirement.

6. Oct 24, 2008 #5
    Hi,
    I have a problem with my UPS. I've used it for 3 years now. In the last few weeks it seemed that it was the time to change the battery as it didn't respond well with the load. So I did that accordingly. But when I changed the battery with a new one, the problem is still going on. So, it's not the problem of battery, I suppose. The symptom is just like the dropping battery, but it's not.
    What is probably the problem with a 3 year old UPS? What components do I have to change?
    Thank you guys for your kindly reply.

7. Nov 14, 2008 #6
    I think you need to first show it some professional person or try some other UPS to check is it really cause of that or not

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?