1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Urgent help! Angular Acceleration.

1. Dec 6, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

[​IMG]

2. Relevant equations

Tangent Acceleration, Linear Acceleration

3. The attempt at a solution

I tried to made a free body diagram but i got confused with the inclined plane Im stuck there. Also with the Formulas for the accelerations...

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2008 #2
    ok i've been thinking about this and i think it might be two questions in one.

first, to analyze the linear motion of the center of the circle G. i would just treat the center as a particle, and use F=ma. draw out your FBD, use that 5-12-13 triangle instead of trig functions but in the same manner, that should get you the linear acceleration.

the second part is where i am getting confused. does the center of a circle have a angular acceleration? because the first derivation of angular acceleration would be displacement, S=(theta)(radius), but here radius is equal to zero, and therefore we have no S and therefore, no angular acceleration...

just an idea....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?