1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Urgent help required,nodal analysis

1. Sep 16, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Im a first electrical eng student learning nodal analysis.I require help with a specific problem from fundementals of electric circuits.Please explain step by step as i am new to this.Please see the attachment for the problems.
    I am finding it hard to express the voltages across the 2k and 5k resistors.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!.Thanks in advance!

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

• Doc3.pdf
      Doc3.pdf
      File size:
      102.4 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2012 #2
    Hello akshay! Welcome to PF!
    The forum rules says that the OP needs to show his/her attempt before asking for help on the problem.
    Did you try to apply KCL or KVL? There is even a shorter method too to solve this problem.

4. Sep 16, 2012 #3
    ive tried applying it but cant seem to understand how to get the voltage across the 2k and 5k resistors please help!.Im begging.

5. Sep 16, 2012 #4
    i think u take the node at the top and maybe the top equals vo
    so at the node so you have (vo-30)/2k+(vo-20)/5k+vo/4k
    or something like that, im not really sure im a first year engineering student too :)

6. Sep 16, 2012 #5

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

eg Apply KCL at the top node.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook