1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Urgent help

1. Jan 30, 2009 #1
    Hi guys

I´m new on this and i have to finish this in 20 hours.
    The problem is that i don´t know where i have to put a counter to count 4 cicles when the traffic light is green, can you help me please?
    The counter can be with flip-flop d, flip-flop t or flip-flop jk, what are the best to use asa counter? I have tried with 4 flip-flop d and i don´t know where is the right place to put it.
    Can you show 1 exemple for the image attached?

Thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2009 #2

Science Advisor

Sorry, which light? The four in the middle? The 9 in the upper right hand corner? Since nothing is labelled, I can't tell.

Regardless, you need to put inputs into your counter. If your counter takes in a single input, from, say, a rising edge, clearly, you'd need to somehow combine all the outputs going to the lights so that you get one output which produces a high output (and rising edge) when any of the inputs go high. This single output would then go to the counter.

So, how would you combine these outputs? HINT: It's a simple function.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?