1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Urgent please Help

1. Oct 14, 2007 #1
    Urgent ....please Help!!!!

I have to make test corrections in my physics class and i leftmy book at school and i dont know how to do 5 problems and my grade is basically dependig on this....ill gie one of them and if anyone can help thatd be great! thanks!!!

a model rocket flies horizontally off the edge of a cliff at a velocity of 50 m/s. If the canyon below is 100.0 m deep, how far fromthe edge of the cliff does the model rocket land?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2007 #2

hage567

Homework Helper

What part is giving you trouble? You must show some effort for homework questions. Show what you have tried, even if it's wrong. We can help point out errors. What kinematic equations do you think you might use?

(Note: there is a homework forum for homework questions.)

4. Oct 14, 2007 #3
    the thing is i have trie solving this and other problems but i used a completely wonrg equation and i would liek to have the basic concept of equations to find a problem like this and a problem like: in a lab a group of students fire a projectile horizontally from a lab table. the projectile travels 1.75m from the base of the table. the projectile was launched at a height of 1.25 meters off the floor. if the students set the launcher at anangle of 50.0 degrees and maintained the same vertical height from the floor at what range will the projectil travel?--i am in such a hurry because of all the work i have so if anyne can please giv m the equations for these 2 problems that would be amazing and very appreciated.

5. Oct 14, 2007 #4

hage567

Homework Helper

6. Oct 14, 2007 #5
    thanks

7. Oct 14, 2007 #6
    Best solution is to make a diagram out of it and show all the vertical and horizontal components of the rocket at different points of time, then apply relevant formulas. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?