1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Urgent: Refraction

1. Jun 11, 2009 #1
    If I was doing a practical on refraction, and I was using Snell's Law, what would the Aim be. Also remember that, the aim can't be to prove Snell's Law.
    Thanks everyone. (please hurry this assignment is due tomorrow)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2009 #2
    LOL... to measure refractive index probably :)

4. Jun 11, 2009 #3
    No no it has to say something about Snell's Law.

5. Jun 11, 2009 #4

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

How can we tell you what the aim of your experiment is if you don't even describe what you did? What exactly did you do in this experiment?

6. Jun 11, 2009 #5
    We calculated refraction and total internal reflection. But that is not the aim. Then we used Snell's Law to find the results for our assignment.
    Thanks.............

7. Jun 11, 2009 #6
    What do you mean by that? You calculated the angles of refraction and total internal reflection or what? If you calculated them than what did you measure?

8. Jun 11, 2009 #7
    I don't get it. I measured the refraction angle and the total internal reflection angle.

9. Jun 11, 2009 #8
    Still the only thing that comes to my mind is to calculate the refractive index using Snell's law and the total internal reflection angle. Do you have to plot any graphs?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook