Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UrgentPlz help me out

1. Jun 11, 2009 #1
    Urgent::Plz help me out!!!

I have to calculate max allowable shear stress for the C-hook i have attached the drawing.
    The material is structural steel. The radius of curvature of each curves is 100mm and the cross section is rectangular 160X10mm. The load line is shown it is 254mm from left. Load value is 1150N. There is similar load at the bottom plate.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2009 #2
    Re: Urgent::Plz help me out!!!

I would like to introduce you to a very good saying:

4. Jun 11, 2009 #3

Thankyou cyrus. i know i have lack of planning. but plz help me if u can.

5. Jun 11, 2009 #4

You will have to show some work. I'm not going to do your work for you.

6. Jun 12, 2009 #5

i have done the calculations using "winkler-bach method", but the value of stress is so minimal that i think there is something missing.the value i am getting is -22Mpa and 9.8Mpa. i have considered only the moment due to the load i.e 1150*.254, will there be any other forces.
    I am not asking you to do my work for me, if u could understand. i am very stressed as there is only few days left and have to calculate the loading for 3 more similar structures.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook