Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

URLs in signatures

1. Dec 30, 2007 #1
    Can I include my Web site URL in my signature (Example below) bearing in mind that it includes an article on a banned subject, Plasma Cosmology. The Web site is informative and extensively supported with peer-reviewed citations from mainstream journals.

I have recently contributed to the thread on "Is fire a plasma?", disagreeing with the mainstream answer provided.

Ian Tresman

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Any links to crackpot sites or banned subjects would be in violation of forum guidelines.

4. Dec 30, 2007 #3
    I dont think that the subject of plasma cosmology is banned from overall physics forums, just from the debunking section due to people bringing up the same video's and material over and over (mainly the "thunderbolts of the gods" documentary, which is more on the speculative 'Electric Universe' side of things than most plasma cosmology concepts). Talk of plasma properites and how they effect the cosmos would be quite a extensive area to ban, considering that most of the universe is matter in a plasma state. The papers linked to on your site that have been published in established cosmology journals i'm sure will appropriate for discussion here. As for the link in your signature, i'm not sure, i'm no expert here.

Thats an impressive site by the way, i had not seen half of those papers before. Did you make all of that yourself?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2007
  5. Dec 30, 2007 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Topics banned in S&D are banned throughout PF. The entire staff is always aware of these decisions.

We will take a look at all of this and get back to you, so please be patient.

6. Dec 31, 2007 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Note that the issue of Plasma Cosmology has been addressed in other discussions and continues by private messaging.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?