US 'cell assault' video released

• Thread starter cristo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, this video shows a sheriff's deputy assaulting a 15-year-old girl by throwing her onto the ground and punching her in the head. This is inexcusable and the deputy should be punished.
My buddies and I got arrested for possession of hashish and underage drinking in 1976. At the police station, we laughed at a policeman attempting to reassemble my bong. He then said with a wry smile "if they move, shoot them." The threat was all too real. After 35 years, I still remember the name of the arresting officer - Officer Snook(s).

Physics news on Phys.org
"Snickering follows Mountie's claim he feared man with stapler"

The judge in the case here of a man coincidentally dieing after being tazered at Vancouver airport has asked the jury not to laugh as the mounties describe how they feared for their lives as the man held a stapler.

mgb_phys said:
"Snickering follows Mountie's claim he feared man with stapler"

The judge in the case here of a man coincidentally dieing after being tazered at Vancouver airport has asked the jury not to laugh as the mounties describe how they feared for their lives as the man held a stapler.

...wait. Was it aa red swingline? I totally understand their fear.

It's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPe_hf7aBXM

Evo said:
Wow, this guy needs to be behind bars. He killed a guy that ran back to his car, he fired 11 times!

He killed a man that tried to strangle him to death, not running from the police or talking back. And firing 11 times isn't a big deal, it's one clip. It can/is fired off in about 2 seconds.

That being said, what happened in the video, from what can be seen, is pretty much a criminal offence.

I don't see what the officers did wrong in the video, that guy was loony.

Loren Booda said:
My buddies and I got arrested for possession of hashish and underage drinking in 1976. At the police station, we laughed at a policeman attempting to reassemble my bong. He then said with a wry smile "if they move, shoot them." The threat was all too real. After 35 years, I still remember the name of the arresting officer - Officer Snook(s).

He was just reminding you who was in charge.

It worked. You still remember.

Now if people could only learn their homework so easily.

Cyrus said:
Immigration had been sending him back and forth for 8hours.
After they killed him they decided not to call medical help
They had little a little 'dress rehersal' of their story afterwards

Cyrus said:
Are you a lawyer ?

macarino said:
Are you a lawyer ?

Nope, I have self-respect.

whether he was loony or not (context, context, context-- for example, was he fluent in English? my understanding is a translator was necessary and not provided... how would you be acting after 8 hours of being screwed with, in a foreign country where you don't speak the language, after a long flight... and the cops show up!), either way, it doesn't matter. this is why they are (supposedly) trained: not just to learn how to take down an individual, but to assess the situation and how much force is necessary when doing so.

they could've easily tackled him and cuffed him.

frustrated guy with stapler => minor threat => try not to electrocute the guy to death

maybe that's just me though.