Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

USAPhO (F=ma) preparation

1. Sep 20, 2011 #1
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If that is the case, could someone tell me?

I have several questions regarding USAPhO prep, so I'd appreciate suggestions from people who have done USAPhO before. So, I'm relatively new to physics (I'm taking AP Physics C: Mechanics and doing some other mechanics stuff on my own but have never participated in USAPhO before), but have considerable experience in math competition (AMC) and math in general.

I currently have the books Physics 4th edition by Giancoli and University Physics, 13th edition with Modern Physics by Young and Freedman. I also found 2007-2010 exams from the AAPT website (F=ma and Quarterfinals and Semifinals).

• Are there other textbooks that you would recommend as preparation?
    • Are there other contests that are of similar difficulty/style that I could use for preparation? I've heard Asia Physics Olympiad and International Physics Olympiad as suggestions, but I'd like more opinions.
    • Are there books/collections of problems/solutions from USAPhO or other contests for sale? Where could I find them, if any?

Thanks,
    usamo42j

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted