Usb tethering in windows phone

In summary, the conversation is about someone who recently purchased a Nokia Lumia phone and is having trouble finding the USB tethering option. They are looking for guidance on how to share their connection through USB and have seen a video tutorial but are concerned about the potential risks. The other person suggests searching for instructions on a Windows Phone forum for a safer method.
Monsterboy
I bought a Nokia Lumia , i am new windows OS in smart phones ,i used only android before.I am not able to find USB tethering option ,can someone please guide me ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Yes,i saw the Internet sharing through Wifi ,i want to share it through an USB connection.

Sorry about that. Looks like you have to hack it to get what you want. Have you seen this video?

Is there any chance of ruining the phone ? Should I get it done by somebody else ?

There's always a chance of messing up the phone when you start modifying the factory settings. The more that I look at that video, the less I like the instructions. It looks like he's downloading software from someplace which I wouldn't do. I did some searches on a Windows Phone forum and the instructions that I've seen look similar but a little different. Try this thread - Internet Sharing + MMS now working on AT&T 920 w/ USA T-Mobile SIM.

Last edited:

1. What is USB tethering in Windows Phone?

USB tethering is a feature that allows you to share your Windows Phone's internet connection with other devices by connecting them via a USB cable. This allows devices without their own internet connection, such as laptops or tablets, to access the internet through your phone's data connection.

2. How do I enable USB tethering on my Windows Phone?

To enable USB tethering, you will need to connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable. Then, go to your phone's settings and select the option for "internet sharing" or "tethering." From there, you can turn on USB tethering and your phone's internet connection will be shared with your computer.

3. Can I use USB tethering on any Windows Phone?

Not all Windows Phones support USB tethering. You can check your phone's user manual or do a quick internet search to see if your specific model has this feature. Additionally, your phone's data plan may need to support tethering in order for it to work.

4. What are the benefits of using USB tethering?

USB tethering can be a convenient way to access the internet when you don't have Wi-Fi available. It can also be useful for those who need to work on their laptops or tablets while on the go. Additionally, using USB tethering can save your phone's battery compared to using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot.

5. Are there any downsides to using USB tethering?

One potential downside of USB tethering is that it uses your phone's data plan, which may have limited data or incur extra charges. It also requires a USB cable, which may not be as convenient as using a Wi-Fi hotspot. Additionally, using USB tethering may slow down your phone's internet connection, depending on the number of devices connected and the strength of your phone's cellular signal.