Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Usb tethering in windows phone

Tags:
  1. Sep 21, 2014 #1
    I bought a Nokia Lumia , i am new windows OS in smart phones ,i used only android before.I am not able to find USB tethering option ,can someone please guide me ?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2014 #2

Borg

Gold Member

4. Sep 21, 2014 #3
    Yes,i saw the Internet sharing through Wifi ,i want to share it through an USB connection.

5. Sep 22, 2014 #4

Borg

Gold Member

Sorry about that. Looks like you have to hack it to get what you want. Have you seen this video?

6. Sep 22, 2014 #5
    Is there any chance of ruining the phone ? Should I get it done by somebody else ?

7. Sep 23, 2014 #6

Borg

Gold Member

There's always a chance of messing up the phone when you start modifying the factory settings. The more that I look at that video, the less I like the instructions. It looks like he's downloading software from someplace which I wouldn't do. I did some searches on a Windows Phone forum and the instructions that I've seen look similar but a little different. Try this thread - Internet Sharing + MMS now working on AT&T 920 w/ USA T-Mobile SIM.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook