Can USC overcome Texas in a high-scoring matchup?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a football game between USC and Texas, with some disagreement over a potential interception and a humorous photo of a USC cheerleader celebrating the wrong team's touchdown. Some comments are made about stereotypes and sexism.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
USC falls to Texas; 41-38!

And It Has Come To An End!

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!

Physics news on Phys.org
What would have happened had that Texas touchdown come back, like it should have? We will never know :smile:

mattmns said:
What would have happened had that Texas touchdown come back, like it should have? We will never know :smile:

blah blah blah, 10 yards out, TD that's what it would have been :D

mattmns said:
What would have happened had that Texas touchdown come back, like it should have?

...or if Texas had been given the interception on the following drive, as they should have? It could have gone either way, sure, but I don't think this is a case of win by officiation.

SpaceTiger said:
...or if Texas had been given the interception on the following drive, as they should have? It could have gone either way, sure, but I don't think this is a case of win by officiation.
I am not sure if I follow which interception you are talking about. I certainly don't remember an interception not being given to texas. The one in the end zone was given to them after review.

You are right though, the game could have gone either way. I am not a fan of either team, or college football, but it was a good game.

I also don't know what interception he's talking about...

I don't remember the details, but looking at the play-by-play, I suspect it was in the USC drive at 4:51. There are two passes to Dwayne Jarrett ruled as incomplete. In one of them, I'm pretty sure a Texas player actually caught the ball and then dropped it when he hit the ground. From the replay, it seemed clear that the Texas player had possession of the ball before hitting the ground. The announcers I was watching agreed that it should have been an interception. From what I could see, I was inclined to share their opinion.

Confused SC cheerleader

http://cornbo.com/texasfan.jpg
Touchdown Texas!

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA! Look at the USC cheerleader going WOO-HOO! and the other girls looking at her like..."You are SO off the squad Bimbo! No more free bikini waxes for you!":rofl:

Geez, give her a break. :rolleyes: I've cheered for the wrong team as a player. Usually only if I'm on the bench ... and usually only if it's a baseball or softball game - neither one are all that exciting if you're not at bat or in the field. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of what's going on if you can't hear the play by play.

BobG said:
Geez, give her a break. :rolleyes:
heh...No chance of that, Bob. I'm a UCLA girl! :smile: :wink:

meow.

Maybe she has a boyfriend on the opposing team. But, yeah, she sure is getting some glares from the other cheerleaders. :rofl:

I don't care- if its mean- She is sooooo the typical blond bimbo cheerleader. Who says you have to have brains to get a scholarship?

Cosmo16 said:
I don't care- if its mean- She is sooooo the typical blond bimbo cheerleader. Who says you have to have brains to get a scholarship?

I hope you know this girl personally, because otherwise that's really sexist. For all we know, she's a straight-A physics student.

Besides, if it's not paying enough attention that make someone a bimbo, then I'm the bimbo king. :tongue2:

she's a straight-A physics student.
How much jawanna bet?

Geez, give her a break. I've cheered for the wrong team as a player.
How long were you on the team? :tongue2:

Mk said:
How much jawanna bet?

I think you're kinda missing the point here.

SpaceTiger said:
I hope you know this girl personally, because otherwise that's really sexist. For all we know, she's a straight-A physics student.
Besides, if it's not paying enough attention that make someone a bimbo, then I'm the bimbo king. :tongue2:
Hmm...has anyone noticed SpaceTiger looking especially attractive this evening? :biggrin:

SpaceTiger said:
Well, if she is a straight A physics student then she is a typical "Out there can't thinka bout anything but science. scientist" :tongue:

Honestly though, I might be more inclined to give her a break if it was on the other side of the field. But it wasn't, it was right in front of her.

SpaceTiger said:

No, that makes you the head in the sky scientist (See above):biggrin:

however, what nit not paying attention makes ME is undefined. Seeing as how I probably pay less attention to important tings then you and her combined. :blushing:

Well, if she is a straight A physics student then she is a typical "Out there can't thinka bout anything but science. scientist"

Maybe we shouldn't be in such a rush to shove people into categories. :yuck:

Cosmo16 said:
No, that makes you the head in the sky scientist (See above):biggrin:

I know you're just joking, but this is part of my point. The same behavior that we associate with "dumb blondes" is associated "head in the sky scientists". In my experience, being oblivious has little or nothing to do with how smart you are. The fact that we are more inclined to associate it with stupidity in women is a problem, IMO.

I'm not saying the picture isn't funny, it definitely is, I just found some of the interpretations to be a bit offensive. :yuck:

Actually my original post was more meant to be stating that this women seemed to fit into the stereotype. Just really bad luck on her part really

I know some very smart cheerleaders and so on.

I've also noticed that a lot of "oblivious" people aren'r actually oblivious. They just aren't paying attention to the same thing as everyone else. Which in some ways is actually an advantage.

Moonbear said:
Hmm...has anyone noticed SpaceTiger looking especially attractive this evening? :biggrin:
More attractive than usual? Inconceivable! :tongue2:

honestrosewater said:
More attractive than usual? Inconceivable! :tongue2:
I know, I didn't think it was possible, but say just the right things, and you'd be surprised how well that works. :approve: :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
I know, I didn't think it was possible, but say just the right things, and you'd be surprised how well that works. :approve: :tongue2:
Oh, I see now. :!) Even despite these red things in my eyes.

Wait, wait. Safety first.

*hands out oven mitts*

He's very hot stuff.

Last edited:

1. What was the final score of the USC vs. Texas game?

The final score of the USC vs. Texas game was 41-38, with Texas winning by a field goal in the final seconds of the game.

2. How did USC lose to Texas?

USC lost to Texas due to a combination of factors, including turnovers, missed opportunities, and strong offensive and defensive plays by Texas.

3. Was this an upset for USC?

Yes, this game could be considered an upset for USC as they were ranked higher and favored to win against Texas.

4. What was the key play in the USC vs. Texas game?

The key play in the USC vs. Texas game was a 33-yard field goal by Texas in the final seconds of the game, breaking the tie and securing the win for Texas.

5. How did USC perform overall in the game?

USC had a strong offensive performance, but their defense struggled to contain Texas' offense and they were unable to capitalize on key opportunities, leading to their loss.