Latex Mods: Easily Copy and Paste on Forums

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter jwxie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, there is a website with a latex mod available where users can hover over equations and use an option for latex. The code can then be copied and used in forums. This is a convenient alternative to the one button codes available. However, there is a bug in the LaTeX buttons where the code for \leftrightharpoons is incorrect.
jwxie
Here is a little site with latex mod available.
http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

Hover over them, and at the bottom of the page there is an option for latex...
Just copy that, and then back in the forum use

Code:
[/tex] --- insert whatever you get from that box ---[/tex] (rermove the backslash / from the first tag

I find this very handy compare to the one button codes we have here.

PS: I just just the code tag to include the tex, but surprisingly the tex does not get filter in the tex code tag.

Physics news on Phys.org
Piggybacking onto this thread to point out a bug in the LaTeX buttons - I'd never used them before and the above post pushed into finally trying them. The symbol [itex]\leftrightharpoons[/itex] has the wrong LaTeX code (it should be \leftrightharpoons, instead of \Updownarrow). This needs to be fixed.

1. What is Latex Mods and what does it do?

Latex Mods is a tool that allows users to easily copy and paste formatted text on forums. It uses Latex language, which is commonly used in scientific and mathematical writing, to create visually appealing and organized posts.

2. How do I use Latex Mods on forums?

First, you will need to install the Latex Mods extension on your web browser. Once installed, you can simply type out your desired text in Latex language and use the extension to convert it into formatted text. Then, you can copy and paste the formatted text onto the forum.

3. Can I use Latex Mods on all forums?

Latex Mods can be used on most forums that allow HTML or BBCode formatting. However, some forums may have specific rules or restrictions on the use of external tools, so it's best to check with the forum's guidelines before using Latex Mods.

4. Are there any limitations to using Latex Mods?

While Latex Mods can handle most basic formatting, it may have limitations with more complex formatting or equations. Additionally, some forums may have character limits for posts, so it's important to keep that in mind when using Latex Mods.

5. Can I customize the formatting of my text with Latex Mods?

Yes, Latex Mods allows users to customize the formatting of their text by using different Latex commands. However, the extent of customization may vary depending on the capabilities of the specific forum you are using it on.