Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Use of dampers in engine

1. Mar 16, 2012 #1
    hi.
    can someone help on this..
    in a two wheeler automobile engine, What does a damper inside the clutch and magneto cover do...
    it is a rubber stripe fastened to the wall of covers..

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2012 #2

OldEngr63

Gold Member

You are talking about a rather specific engine, and it may well be that no one here is familiar with that particular engine (what is a two wheeler automobile?) If you can post photographs of these parts, it may well be possible to get some educated guesses, even if no one is really directly familiar with the specific engine.

4. Apr 24, 2012 #3
    can anyone tell about how to calculate forces on uprights used in ATV

5. Apr 24, 2012 #4

OldEngr63

Gold Member

This seems to be entirely unrelated to the original post. Why not start a new thread?

6. May 3, 2012 #5
    i hve no idea about how to start a new thread...can anyone plse help???

7. May 3, 2012 #6

jack action

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Click on the button «NEW TOPIC» on the top left corner of the thread list of any forum (your subject might be better suited for the Automotive Engineering forum). I also suggest you to be a little bit more specific if you want to have meaningful answers.

8. May 4, 2012 #7
  9. May 4, 2012 #8
    The best I was able to manage was the component on which the damper is fit/location in which it is fitted.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook