What is the Purpose of Dampers in a Two Wheeler Engine?

• Thread starter mrajm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engine
In summary, the conversation discusses a specific two wheeler automobile engine and the function of a damper inside the clutch and magneto cover. There is also a question about calculating forces on uprights used in an ATV and a request for help on starting a new thread.
mrajm
hi.
can someone help on this..
in a two wheeler automobile engine, What does a damper inside the clutch and magneto cover do...
it is a rubber stripe fastened to the wall of covers..

Engineering news on Phys.org
You are talking about a rather specific engine, and it may well be that no one here is familiar with that particular engine (what is a two wheeler automobile?) If you can post photographs of these parts, it may well be possible to get some educated guesses, even if no one is really directly familiar with the specific engine.

can anyone tell about how to calculate forces on uprights used in ATV

rohitagarwal said:
can anyone tell about how to calculate forces on uprights used in ATV

This seems to be entirely unrelated to the original post. Why not start a new thread?

i hve no idea about how to start a new thread...can anyone plse help?

rohitagarwal said:
i hve no idea about how to start a new thread...can anyone plse help?

Click on the button «NEW TOPIC» on the top left corner of the thread list of any forum (your subject might be better suited for the https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215 forum). I also suggest you to be a little bit more specific if you want to have meaningful answers.

thnks..

The best I was able to manage was the component on which the damper is fit/location in which it is fitted.

Attachments

• DSC05244.JPG
    DSC05244.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 422

1. What is the purpose of dampers in an engine?

Dampers, also known as engine mounts, help reduce the vibration and noise produced by the engine. They also play a crucial role in maintaining the stability and balance of the engine, ensuring smooth operation and longevity.

2. How does a damper work in an engine?

A damper is typically made of rubber or rubber-like material and is designed to absorb and dissipate the energy produced by the engine's movements. This helps reduce the amount of vibration and noise that is transmitted to the rest of the vehicle, providing a more comfortable and stable driving experience.

3. What are the common types of dampers used in engines?

The most common types of dampers used in engines are hydraulic, elastomeric, and air-filled. Hydraulic dampers use fluid to absorb vibrations, while elastomeric dampers use rubber to do the same. Air-filled dampers use air pressure to reduce vibrations and provide a smoother ride.

4. Can dampers affect the performance of an engine?

Yes, dampers can affect the performance of an engine. A failed or worn-out damper can lead to increased engine vibration and noise, which may ultimately impact the engine's performance and even cause damage. It is important to regularly inspect and replace dampers as needed to maintain optimal engine performance.

5. How can I tell if my engine dampers need to be replaced?

There are a few signs that may indicate it's time to replace your engine dampers. These include increased engine vibration and noise, visible cracks or damage to the damper, and difficulty maintaining vehicle stability while driving. It is best to consult a mechanic for a proper inspection and replacement if necessary.