Use ohm's law to (in a parallel kind of way) to predict the outcome of a generator

• Thread starter Rusty69
  • Start date
I was thinking if the strenght of the permanet magnet could be parallel to I , the rate at which the the magnet (or wire) rotates parallel to V & of course the wire resistance would go with R . If there is some type of way to determine the outcome of a generator before building it, starting it up etc could someone please tell me ? Also am aware the generator would most likely need to be turned on to determine the rate of it's rotation.

Answers and Replies

Are you asking what the voltage would be based on how fast your rotating your motor in a magnetic field . Voltage is the time derivative of magnetic flux, and the flux would be
ABcos(wt) where A is the cross sectional area of your loop rotating in the B field and
w is the angular frequency of the motor.
so V=-ABwsin(wt)
If that's what your getting at .

Well yes that is what am asking, but am also new to electric physic stuff. Based on that as of now I don't really get what you mean but thank's for posting .