1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Use Simulink to check the step response of a control system

1. Dec 10, 2013 #1
    1. I have to use Simulink to check the step response of a state feed-back design (controller) and state estimator (observer). I did the problem and got matrices that I need for the desired poles but I'm not sure how to use Simulink to do them.

3. I really don't want to post the exact vales to my question but I can if I have to. I just need some help in Simulink and drawing the block diagram for my system and get the step response. I used the desired poles and used the matching coefficient method to come with the values for the G (state-feedback) and K (state estimator matrices. Any good examples would be appreciated.

I have a 4-th order system and the system is stable, controllable and observable.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted