Convert Used Oil to Gasoline: Jonathan's Quest

In summary: You can boil the oil and the vapors can be made to burn cleanly. But then you end up with a lot of crappy left over that does not boil off.
jonathangauci
l am trying to use used oil to gasoline engine l make geet reactor to vaporized petrol diesel but no success to oil how can l convert used engine oils and food oils to gas or flammable liqiuds thanks jonathan

Engineering news on Phys.org
l want to generate electricity from waste oil if someone can help

Think external combustion. Burning oil to make steam.
Steam runs your power plant.
The real advantage, is it will burn just about any fuel.
It is why all of our early heat engines were external combustion.
As to the best way to burn oil, look up some of the oil fired boilers.
If you are making steam anyway, you might also look at steam injection cooling.

thanks for reply but l want to change used oils to gas to run a gasoline engine l have 5 petrol engines in garage if you heat oils to flash point can l use that gas for cocker or engine intake thanks

l want to biuld something like wood gasifier but l want to use used oil to run small gasoline engine can someone help me thanks or where l can buy a system to change oils to gas

jonathangauci said:
where l can buy a system to change oils to gas

Engine oil is not "crude" oil, and can't be separated into components e.g. gasoline, diesel, etc. Burning the oil directly will cause a lot of smoke and pollution. It's best to recycle the oil through to allow it to be reprocessed for other lubrication applications.

I can see two problems with what you are trying to do; used engine oil is a complex mixture which will not vaporise at a constant temperature so you'll need a sophisticated process to vaporise all the components, also some of the mixture will probably give off some fairly noxious pollutants. You can burn used cooking oil in a diesel engine, see old episodes of Top Gear or Mythbusters.

thanks my friend did you ever listened the geet reactor of pantone is it a scam because he told me that work with used oil its plans is 300 $

ok l read about used oil in diesil engines but did old engines work thanks

ok thanks every one or can someone help me to make wood or plastic gasifire l want something simple just for experimental thanks

You can boil the oil and the vapors can be made to burn cleanly. But then you end up with a lot of crappy left over that does not boil off.

Many over the road trucks burn oil mixed with diesel fuel and meet all EPA requirements.

Diesel engines sold as "heavy fuel" will even burn roofing tar cleanly.

yes that's good pkruse what tempreture l want to boil the oil ? can u send me some simple picture thanks

I experimented with this more that 4 decades ago. Sorry, I have not kept any data from that. In small gas engines, I found that if I got them good and hot running on gasoline, then I could switch over to oil and they would run just fine, with no black smoke. Heavy fuel diesel engines, like those common on large ships do the same. They start up on #2 diesel, and switch to bunker fuel after everything is hot.

Go ahead and post your pictures. That should be interesting.

ok thanks my friends for help you heat gasoline engine and put oil to gasoline engine or you are saying for vapors and what type off oil thanks

Last edited:
sorry l mean do you heat gasoline engine and put oil in it or you put vapors and do you remember your experiment what type of oil u use food oil or engine oil thanks

1. How does Jonathan convert used oil to gasoline?

Jonathan uses a process called pyrolysis, which involves heating the used oil to a high temperature in the absence of oxygen. This breaks down the oil into smaller molecules, which can then be reformed into gasoline.

2. Is the gasoline produced from used oil safe to use?

Yes, the gasoline produced from used oil goes through a purification process to remove any impurities before it is ready for use. It is also tested to meet safety and quality standards.

3. What are the benefits of converting used oil to gasoline?

Converting used oil to gasoline helps reduce waste and environmental pollution as the used oil would otherwise end up in landfills. It also decreases our dependence on fossil fuels and can potentially lower the cost of gasoline.

4. How much gasoline can be produced from a certain amount of used oil?

The amount of gasoline that can be produced depends on the type of used oil and the efficiency of the pyrolysis process. However, on average, about 85-90% of the used oil can be converted into gasoline.

5. Can this process be applied on a large-scale to meet the demand for gasoline?

Yes, this process can be scaled up to meet the demand for gasoline. In fact, there are already companies using this technology to convert used oil into fuel on a commercial scale.