Here is a horribly misguided theory from my youth. I polished it up a bit and gave it a name. If anyone wants this theory, they can have it.
- The fundamental electric and magnetic charges are 1/6 of the elementary electric and magnetic charges.
- Particles are composed of multiple pairs of fundamental electric and magnetic charges.
- Fermions consist of an odd number of pairs of fundamental charges.
- Bosons consist of an even number of pairs of fundamental charges.
- Leptons are composed of electric fundamental charges only.
- Quarks are composed of both electric and magnetic fundamental charges.
[/list=1] This theory pretty much died when I learned about the Pauli exclusion principle. Would anyone care to revive the old fossil?
Does anybody else have any give-away wacky theories that they came up with but abandoned in light of actual physics?