1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Useful College Courses (EE)

1. Sep 10, 2009 #1
    So I am a 3rd year physical science major at my university with a strong interest in EE. I would rather be an EE major but things happened, didn't get into the school. blah.

My question(s):

1) I am trying to load my transcript with classes that will look well to employers and grad schools (for EE). My current plan has me focusing on courses related to signal processing, math, and modern physics. What would be useful courses that will prepare me for a professional career or help get me into grad school?

I've taken Calc 1-3, Diff Eq, and Lin Alg. Also have 3 semesters of Physics down right now.

2) just how important is programming for an EE? I took Basic in high school (we were wayyyy behind) and I am taking intro to Java currently. I am trying to figure out what Comp Sci courses I should take. I really just have the option between Java 2 and Discrete before I can get to other courses (though I only have 3 more semesters after this current one).

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted