Delete User CP Messages Permanently

• Thread starter FredGarvin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to delete user messages on a public profile. The options for deleting messages include asking mentors or admins to delete them permanently, reporting them for deletion, or limiting and stopping visitor messages through the edit options menu. The conversation also mentions the possibility of not allowing anyone to post visitor messages on the public profile.
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
How can I get the user messages in my CP deleted for good? I select the delete but I still have the title and who originally posted the question. I would like to clear them all out.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you referring to visitor messages on your public profile? I suspect that the mentors and admins can delete for good. I don't know what the policy is for reporting messages for deletion. You can however limit or stop visitor messages in the edit options menu of My PF.

Others aren't able to see that in your profile!

Kurdt said:
Are you referring to visitor messages on your public profile? I suspect that the mentors and admins can delete for good. I don't know what the policy is for reporting messages for deletion. You can however limit or stop visitor messages in the edit options menu of My PF.
Yeah. Those are the ones. I didn't know about stopping them. I'll have to look for that setting. It drives me a bit nuts to see these deleted messages still there. It's an OCD thing on my part.

I've permanently deleted your visitor messages. As Kurdt says, you can select the option to not allow anyone to post visitor messages in your My PF.

Very good. Thanks for the help guys.

1. What does "Delete User CP Messages Permanently" mean?

Deleting User CP messages permanently refers to permanently removing any messages that have been sent or received through the User CP (User Control Panel) on a website or platform. This action cannot be undone and will permanently remove the messages from the user's account.

2. Can I recover deleted User CP messages?

No, once User CP messages are deleted permanently, they cannot be recovered. It is important to double check before deleting any messages to avoid losing important information.

3. Why would I want to delete User CP messages permanently?

Deleting User CP messages permanently can help declutter and organize your account, as well as protect your privacy by removing any sensitive or personal information from your messages.

4. Will deleting User CP messages permanently affect my account?

No, deleting User CP messages permanently will not affect your account or its functionality. It will only remove the selected messages from your account.

5. Is there a limit to how many User CP messages I can delete permanently at once?

The limit of how many User CP messages you can delete permanently at once may vary depending on the website or platform. However, it is recommended to delete messages in smaller batches to avoid any potential errors or issues.