Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

User CP Messages

1. Sep 12, 2008 #1

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

How can I get the user messages in my CP deleted for good? I select the delete but I still have the title and who originally posted the question. I would like to clear them all out.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you referring to visitor messages on your public profile? I suspect that the mentors and admins can delete for good. I don't know what the policy is for reporting messages for deletion. You can however limit or stop visitor messages in the edit options menu of My PF.

4. Sep 12, 2008 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

Others aren't able to see that in your profile!

5. Sep 12, 2008 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Yeah. Those are the ones. I didn't know about stopping them. I'll have to look for that setting. It drives me a bit nuts to see these deleted messages still there. It's an OCD thing on my part.

6. Sep 12, 2008 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I've permanently deleted your visitor messages. As Kurdt says, you can select the option to not allow anyone to post visitor messages in your My PF.

7. Sep 13, 2008 #6

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Very good. Thanks for the help guys.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?