Username Definition

• Thread starter harpazo
  • Start date
Well, I'm weird, so long ago I decided to have this user name on some dating sites. I don't know why I chose to have that name here, though. On most of the sites my username is AiDi, which is loosely related to my name (Adam). Some people (on polish sites) thought that it was related to word 'ID' because both AiDi and ID have the same pronounciation in polish. It's was not, but I kinda like this idea and sometimes I sign my PMs with that form of AiDi.
There's a little bit of weirdness in every person but you already know that.

Klystron
Gold Member
I was an Electrician's Mate in the Navy (1996-2000). However, when I returned to civilian life, I did not seek a job in the field of electronics. My first job after the Navy was per diem teacher for grades k-8.
Served as as a USAF radar tech (1971-1979) in SEA the last years of the Vietnam War then with more exotic systems on various electronic warfare ranges north of Nellis AFB; i.e., beyond Dreamland. Bravo for teaching children. I taught radar science and EW tactics to officers and enlisted as my last Air Force assignment but, tired of endless warfare, switched to mathematics and computer science as my civilian career.

So, what is the meaning behind your user name? Do you play a hazardous harp?

• Wow
Likes pinball1970 and harpazo
Served as as a USAF radar tech (1971-1979) in SEA the last years of the Vietnam War then with more exotic systems on various electronic warfare ranges north of Nellis AFB; i.e., beyond Dreamland. Bravo for teaching children. I taught radar science and EW tactics to officers and enlisted as my last Air Force assignment but, tired of endless warfare, switched to mathematics and computer science as my civilian career.

So, what is the meaning behind your user name? Do you play a hazardous harp?
Hazardous harp? Meaning?

The New Testament was originally written in Greek. King James of England had the Old and New Testaments translated into English in the year 1611. In the original New Testament, the word harpazo is used 13 times but it is mainly used to define the apostle Paul's words "caught up" in 1st Thessalonians 4 verse 17. What does harpazo mean?

harpazo:

1) to seize, carry off by force

2) to seize on, claim for one' s self eagerly

3) to snatch out or away

4) an irresistible divine force that will violently snatch up believers in the rapture of the church imminent event.

5) caught up

There was no thought process behind my name. It just came to my head. To me, Mondayman sounds like some keener at work that everybody avoids.

I usually choose stupid or inappropriate words or sayings. On Facebook, I had changed my name to Richard Tree. After a bit, I then inserted the short form for Richard, so my name for a while was $&#@ Tree, until somebody complained.

There was no thought process behind my name. It just came to my head. To me, Mondayman sounds like some keener at work that everybody avoids.

I usually choose stupid or inappropriate words or sayings. On Facebook, I had changed my name to Richard Tree. After a bit, I then inserted the short form for Richard, so my name for a while was $&#@ Tree, until somebody complained.
Somebody complained about your FB username. Really? I guess it’s easier for humans to gripe than it is to pay a compliment.

Ygggdrasil
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2021 Award
Mine's just a play on my initials. "Twig" is often taken, so I just threw in an extra "g" and it stuck
I am also a fan of adding an extra "g" when my typical username is taken.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Username stories are interesting. Do you agree?
No.

• Sad
  • Informative
Likes weirdoguy and jack action
pinball1970
Gold Member
I am also a fan of adding an extra "g" when my typical username is taken.
"Pinball" is a 1974 song by Brian Protheroe, I added 1970 because that was my favourite year of the series the rock and roll years.

Deep Purple were on TOTPs along with Free, Lindisfarne and some other great acts.

I think that was first time I had seen DP Mk2 on TV

A sad year too, the Beatles split and Hendrix and Janis Joplin died.

Bittersweet.

Likes Astronuc and PeroK