Using a mac

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
rho
For the track pad I would use the MouseZoom application posted by crumbles above.

I had a look around for a way to do it without any third party applications and found this. You'll need to use the Terminal for this, as well as the Property List Editor tool that's part of XCode. The setting is inside this file: "~/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist" (without the quotes). You'll need to make that file visible by copying it (using the cp command - cp source destination) to a filename without a period in front of it (I used test.plist). Then, drag that test.plist file to Property List Editor (found in /Developer/Applications/Utilities) and look for a setting called com.apple.mouse.scaling. Its normal maximum value is 3.000000 - change that to something bigger. Save the edited file, then go back into Terminal and use cp again to replace the original .GlobalPreferences.plist file with the edited one. Once that's done, log out and back in for the change to take effect. This will provide you with a faster trackpad if you put a large number in above.