1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Using conform transformations to solve a Dirichlet problem with 3 border conditions

1. Nov 23, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Find a function H in C such that [tex]{\nabla ^2}H = 0[/tex] for y>0, H(0,y) = 1 for y<-[tex]/pi[/tex], H(0,y) = 0 for y>[tex]/pi[/tex] and H(0,y) = -1 for -[tex]/pi[/tex]<y<[tex]/pi[/tex].

3. The attempt at a solution

I haven't been able to came up with anything. All the conform transformations that I know allow me to solve the Dirichlet problem with only 2 conditions, or 3 but with two of them with the same value. I was told that I could just leave the geometry of the problem like it is (that is, not make any transformation) and propose the solution A[tex]\theta[/tex]1 + B[tex]\theta[/tex]2 + C, being [tex]\theta[/tex]1 the argument of [z - (0 -i*Pi)] and [tex]\theta[/tex]2 the argument of [z - (0 +i*Pi)], but the solution I find doesn't satisfy the border conditions.

Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2009 #2
    Re: Using conform transformations to solve a Dirichlet problem with 3 border conditio

Nobody knows this?

4. Nov 29, 2009 #3
    Re: Using conform transformations to solve a Dirichlet problem with 3 border conditio

I leave a graphic of the problem.
    http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/333/asdasdxk.png [Broken]

Does anybody know the answer? Because I kind of need it urgently...

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook