Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Using hard water for energy

1. Jul 31, 2003 #1
    Now isn't there a way to make hard water "hard hard water"? and in by doing so radiation is released and another compund is left behind?

Am thinking that by capturing this radiation it could be utilized as an alternate energy source.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2003 #2
    Meant heavy water

Now isn't there a way to make heavy water "heavy heavy water"? and in by doing so radiation is released and another compund is left behind?

Am thinking that by capturing this radiation it could be utilized as an alternate energy source.

"Stepping thru the oppositly spinning magnetic fields, I am going back to my own universe to contemplate my errors."

Zrai [zz)]

4. Aug 1, 2003 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe you could release a small amount of heat by adding soluble salts, but this comes with a large price - the stuff you are adding.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2003
  5. Aug 1, 2003 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Meant heavy water

As near as I can tell, someone is giving you some bad ideas. Where do you get this? Perhaps you are confusing a couple of different ideas?

6. Aug 3, 2003 #5
    maybe from a certain episode of stargate which was on tv a few weeks ago ;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?