Using hard water for energy

• Thread starter Zrai
  • Start date

Zrai

Now isn't there a way to make hard water "hard hard water"? and in by doing so radiation is released and another compund is left behind?

Am thinking that by capturing this radiation it could be utilized as an alternate energy source.

Zrai

Meant heavy water

Now isn't there a way to make heavy water "heavy heavy water"? and in by doing so radiation is released and another compund is left behind?

Am thinking that by capturing this radiation it could be utilized as an alternate energy source.

"Stepping thru the oppositly spinning magnetic fields, I am going back to my own universe to contemplate my errors."

Zrai [zz)]

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Zrai
Now isn't there a way to make hard water "hard hard water"? and in by doing so radiation is released and another compund is left behind?

Maybe you could release a small amount of heat by adding soluble salts, but this comes with a large price - the stuff you are adding.

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Re: Meant heavy water

Originally posted by Zrai
Now isn't there a way to make heavy water "heavy heavy water"? and in by doing so radiation is released and another compund is left behind?

"Stepping thru the oppositly spinning magnetic fields, I am going back to my own universe to contemplate my errors."

Zrai [zz)]
As near as I can tell, someone is giving you some bad ideas. Where do you get this? Perhaps you are confusing a couple of different ideas?

maybe from a certain episode of stargate which was on tv a few weeks ago ;)