Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Using Maxwell SV for Ion Engines

1. Jul 28, 2008 #1
    I had a question about the Maxwell SV program and was hopping someone might be able to answer it for me. Using the Maxwell program I have made a whole bunch of different cases of magnet geometries for an 8cm Ion Engine and they all seem to be good. The only problem is that when I try save the plots information I either get unreadable files or files I can open in excel but it are not of any use to me because the data isn’t in any format that can be used to extract various gauss lines. I was hopping you might know how to get the plot information out of Maxwell and into a text file or even excel in a data fashion that matlab could then use to get various gauss lines in terms of x and y coordinates. I know that there is a way to do this because a previous student’s work on this had output files that were useable from there plots. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted