How Do I Find the nCr Function on a Casio fx-9750G Calculator?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter spam_hammer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    casio
In summary, two individuals, Josh and Biz, are seeking help with their Casio fx-9750G calculators. Josh is looking for the nCr function to calculate binomial probabilities, while Biz is trying to do phasor multiplication and division. Both individuals are struggling to find the correct sequence of buttons to get to their desired functions, but eventually find the answers with the help of the instruction manual.
spam_hammer
Hi,
I don't know if there are any calculator whizzes out there, or maybey just fellow Casio fx-9750G owners, but I hope you can help me with a problem.

I am trying to find the nCr function to calculate binomial probabilities but i can't seem to find the sequence of buttons to get to it.

thanks

josh

Computer science news on Phys.org
I just got a Casio fx-9750GA plus and I'm pretty disappointed with it. I get better functionallity from my fx-115.

Anyways, to do nCr calculations follow these steps, as per the instruction manual section 2-4-5:

to calculate the possible number of different combinations of 4 items that can be selected from 10 items:(which is the formula 10C4)

In the run screen, type: 10 [optn][F6][F3][F3]4[EXE]

It will look like 10C4

Brilliant, thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Josh

Hi all
I have a similar question to this, for my Casio fx-9750G. I'm trying to do phasor (polar co-ordinate) multiplication/division. I've figured out how to convert rectangular to polar co-ordinates, but I can't seem to get sensible results for functions.

Here's what I've tried:

Using "<" to notate the phasor angle, I want to multiply (240<0degrees) x (110<45 degrees)

The answer should be (240 x 110) < (0 + 45 degrees)
= (26400<45 degrees)

[OPTN] [f6] {>} [f5] {ANGL} [f6] {>}
[f1] { pol( } [2400,0) x ] [f1] { pol( } [110,45) ] [EXE]

ans = [28523; 0] ??

Then I thought perhaps the pol( function is converting rectangular to polar, so I tried:

rec(240,0) x rec(110,45)
ans = [18667;0] ??

I've checked my setup angles are in degrees

What am I doing wrong?

Any help or comments, gratefully received

cheers
Biz

Hello Josh,

I am also a fellow Casio fx-9750G owner and I can definitely help you with finding the nCr function. To calculate binomial probabilities, follow these steps:

1. Press the MODE button and select the STAT mode.

2. Press the MENU button and select the CALC option.

3. Select the Binomial option by pressing F4.

4. Enter the value for n (number of trials) and press the right arrow key.

5. Enter the value for r (number of successes) and press the right arrow key.

6. Press the EXE button to calculate the result.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

1. How do I turn on my Casio fx-9750G calculator?

To turn on your Casio fx-9750G calculator, simply press the ON button located on the top left corner of the calculator. You may need to hold the button for a few seconds until the screen turns on. If the calculator does not turn on, make sure the batteries are inserted correctly and have enough power.

2. How do I perform basic mathematical operations on my Casio fx-9750G calculator?

To perform basic mathematical operations, use the buttons labeled with the corresponding mathematical symbols (e.g. + for addition, - for subtraction, * for multiplication, / for division). Enter the numbers you want to calculate and press the desired operation button.

3. Can I use my Casio fx-9750G calculator for graphing purposes?

Yes, the Casio fx-9750G calculator has a built-in graphing function. To graph a function, press the GRAPH button and enter the desired function using the X and Y variables. You can also adjust the window settings to customize the appearance of the graph.

4. How do I clear the memory on my Casio fx-9750G calculator?

To clear the memory on your calculator, press the SHIFT button followed by the MEM button. Then, select the type of memory you want to clear (e.g. variable, program, graph). Press the F4 button to access the CLEAR menu and select the type of memory you want to clear.

5. Is there a way to transfer data from my Casio fx-9750G calculator to a computer?

Yes, you can transfer data from your calculator to a computer using a USB cable and the Casio FA-124 software. Connect your calculator to the computer and open the software. Then, follow the instructions to transfer data between the two devices.