Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Using my Casio fx-9750G

Tags:
  1. May 2, 2009 #1
    Hi,
    I dont know if there are any calculator whizzes out there, or maybey just fellow Casio fx-9750G owners, but I hope you can help me with a problem.

I am trying to find the nCr function to calculate binomial probabilities but i cant seem to find the sequence of buttons to get to it.

thanks

josh

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2009 #2
    I just got a Casio fx-9750GA plus and I'm pretty disappointed with it. I get better functionallity from my fx-115.

Anyways, to do nCr calculations follow these steps, as per the instruction manual section 2-4-5:

to calculate the possible number of different combinations of 4 items that can be selected from 10 items:(which is the formula 10C4)

In the run screen, type: 10 [optn][F6][F3][F3]4[EXE]

It will look like 10C4

4. May 3, 2009 #3
    Brilliant, thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Josh

5. Jun 5, 2011 #4
    Hi all
    I have a similar question to this, for my Casio fx-9750G. I'm trying to do phasor (polar co-ordinate) multiplication/division. I've figured out how to convert rectangular to polar co-ordinates, but I can't seem to get sensible results for functions.

Here's what I've tried:

Using "<" to notate the phasor angle, I want to multiply (240<0degrees) x (110<45 degrees)

The answer should be (240 x 110) < (0 + 45 degrees)
    = (26400<45 degrees)

[OPTN] [f6] {>} [f5] {ANGL} [f6] {>}
    [f1] { pol( } [2400,0) x ] [f1] { pol( } [110,45) ] [EXE]

ans = [28523; 0] ??

Then I thought perhaps the pol( function is converting rectangular to polar, so I tried:

rec(240,0) x rec(110,45)
    ans = [18667;0] ??

I've checked my setup angles are in degrees

What am I doing wrong?

Any help or comments, gratefully received

cheers
    Biz

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook