1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Using nodal find out v1 and v2

1. Aug 10, 2009 #1
    hi dears,

kindly tell me the complete procedre to find out the v1 and v2

v1= -145/8

v2 = 5/2

I have tried it and I reach here

Apply Source transformation theorem.The 5A and 3ohms &2 ohms are converted into single voltage source 25V ( 5A*3+2) in series with 5ohms(3+2).But the positive terminal connected to ground pin.
    Similarly 2A and 4ohms are converted into single voltage source 8V( 2A*4ohm) in series with 4 ohm resistor

hhow to go more further I am confuse and am until here am I right or wrong

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2009 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to Physics Forums!

You'll probably get more benefit out of Physics Forums if you become more familiar with the forum rules. Scroll down to the section on Homework Help here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

In particular, note that it says:

and
    Hope that helps! Show an attempt at solving those homework problems, and then people will be willing to help out.

4. Aug 11, 2009 #3

The Electrician

Gold Member

Your subject line says "using nodal". This problem is easy to solve using the nodal method, and you shouldn't do any source transformations.

Do you know what Kirchoff's current law (KCL) is?

What you need to do is write the KCL equations for the two nodes. If you will make an attempt to do that and show your work, then you will get some more help if you need it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook