Visual Basic: How to Call a Website & Make a Query

• Thread starter JuanBarron
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Visual
In summary, Visual Basic is a programming language developed by Microsoft for creating GUIs and applications for Windows. To call a website in Visual Basic, the "Navigate" method of the Internet Explorer object can be used. A query in Visual Basic is a request for information from a database and can be made using the "Select" statement with "From" and "Where" clauses. Additionally, Visual Basic can be used to automate website interactions by using the "InternetExplorer" object to navigate, fill out forms, click buttons, and retrieve data from HTML code.
JuanBarron
How do I call a website(by user input) so I can make a query in visual basic

Technology news on Phys.org

What is Visual Basic?

Visual Basic is a programming language developed by Microsoft. It is used to create graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and applications for the Windows operating system.

How do I call a website in Visual Basic?

To call a website in Visual Basic, you can use the "Navigate" method of the Internet Explorer object. This allows you to open a website in a new browser window or tab.

What is a query in Visual Basic?

A query in Visual Basic is a request for information from a database. It allows you to search and retrieve specific data based on certain criteria.

How can I make a query in Visual Basic?

To make a query in Visual Basic, you can use the "Select" statement in conjunction with the "From" and "Where" clauses. This will allow you to specify which data you want to retrieve from a database.

Can I use Visual Basic to automate website interactions?

Yes, you can use Visual Basic to automate website interactions. By using the "InternetExplorer" object, you can programmatically navigate to a website, fill out forms, click buttons, and retrieve data from the website's HTML code.