Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UV Rays

1. Aug 5, 2005 #1
    Is "Effects of UV Rays' a good topic in research?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2005 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The effects of UV rays have been studied extensively. However, you might be able to find some specific area which has not been addressed. Good luck.

4. Aug 10, 2005 #3
    How about 'The different types of UV Rays according to its effects'?

5. Aug 10, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I don't really think theres really any different types of UV rays. Ultraviolet light is itself, a sub-catagory of the electromagnetic spectrum so I wouldn't htink it had further sub-catagories.

6. Aug 10, 2005 #5
    I have read something that tells that natura sun ight is made up of two different wavelength of ultraviolet ight: UVA and UVB.

7. Aug 10, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah maybe it does give off 2 bands of UV light but im not sure how much differently they act. What was the article?

8. Aug 10, 2005 #7

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Since ultraviolet covers a fairly wide band of the em spectrum, rays of different frequencies will have different effects. UVA and UVB are defined specifically with respect to biological effects.

9. Aug 10, 2005 #8

Claude Bile

Science Advisor

Such a research topic would be far too broad. Try to make it more specific as in 'the effects of UV radiation on ........'.

What is this topic for, High school? University?

Claude.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?