Valentine's day is just round the Corner

• Thread starter Delzac
  • Start date
In summary, my spouse doesn't understand hints and thinks I bought ladybug earrings as a pair of slippers.
Delzac
The golden question to everyone is " What does love mean to you? " since Valentine's day is approaching.

Physics news on Phys.org
If my someone special reads this ...it means DARK CHOCOLATE, yes, love means DARK CHOCOLATE.

hypatia said:
If my someone special reads this ...it means DARK CHOCOLATE, yes, love means DARK CHOCOLATE.

:rofl: You have quite the way with words there, hypatia! :biggrin:

Well I've discovered I'm married to someone who dosen't understand hints. Thats how i ended up with pink fluffy bug slippers for Christmas.

hypatia said:
Well I've discovered I'm married to someone who dosen't understand hints. Thats how i ended up with pink fluffy bug slippers for Christmas.

:rofl: What DID you hint at that got misinterpreted as pink fluffy bug slippers?

Some one who can hand me the correct sized spanner, even if it is a bit oily.

wolram said:
Some one who can hand me the correct sized spanner, even if it is a bit oily.

Wow, you're easy to please. I can do that much for you! :biggrin:

Men never understand hints. They need telling directly.

I don't know what love means to me. I'm not really fond of it. Bah! Humbug!

I'm very fond of love, I just don't know how to explain it in words.

Valentine's day? more like Chocolate's day, not that I'm complaining, i love chocolate :!)

Cyclovenom said:
Valentine's day? more like Chocolate's day, not that I'm complaining, i love chocolate :!)

Yep, chocolate and cheesy cards day. Just for the heck of it, I was reading some of the cards they have out for V-day this year. I could barely contain the alternating waves of laughter and nausea!

What did they write?

Delzac said:
What did they write?

I don't remember what any of them said. They were that deep and meaningful. :rolleyes:

I too, am fond of love, its just not a common commodity for me.

I mentioned to him that I needed a new pair of slippers, and that while I was shopping there was a very cute pair of ladybug ear rings. I supose he just thought he'd merge the two. They are warm when worn as earings :redface:

hypatia said:
I mentioned to him that I needed a new pair of slippers, and that while I was shopping there was a very cute pair of ladybug ear rings. I supose he just thought he'd merge the two. They are warm when worn as earings :redface:

:rofl: Hey, I bet they make great earmuffs in the cold weather! :rofl: Hey, I think he got it closer than most guys do.

My wife is old, stupid, fat, ugly, moody, lazy, ill-tempered, opinionated, self-centered, has a wicked left hook, and she snores. But I stay married to the ball and chain. If that ain't love, what is? Happy St. Valentine's day all.

No Valentine's day for me this year, unless the dog and cat are planning to surprise me.

Evo said:
No Valentine's day for me this year, unless the dog and cat are planning to surprise me.

I have sent virtual flowers and chocs, just keep a high powered torch on and they should materialise.

wolram said:
I have sent virtual flowers and chocs, just keep a high powered torch on and they should materialise.
:!) I'll stand outside tonight and wait for them.

jimmysnyder said:
My wife is old, stupid, fat, ugly, moody, lazy, ill-tempered, opinionated, self-centered, has a wicked left hook, and she snores. But I stay married to the ball and chain. If that ain't love, what is? Happy St. Valentine's day all.

Oh, jimmy, don't forget to...DUCK!

1. What is the history of Valentine's Day?

Valentine's Day can be traced back to ancient Roman times, where a festival called Lupercalia was celebrated in mid-February. It wasn't until the 5th century that Pope Gelasius declared February 14th as a Christian feast day to honor St. Valentine.

2. Why is Valentine's Day associated with love and romance?

The origin of the association between Valentine's Day and love is not entirely clear, but it is believed to have originated from the story of St. Valentine, who was a priest that secretly performed marriage ceremonies for soldiers who were forbidden to marry during the Roman Empire. He is also said to have sent a letter to his jailer's daughter, signed "Your Valentine" before he was executed.

3. How is Valentine's Day celebrated around the world?

Valentine's Day is celebrated in many different ways around the world. In some countries, it is a day to honor friendship and love in general, while in others it is more focused on romantic love. Some common traditions include exchanging gifts, cards, and flowers, as well as going out for a romantic dinner.

4. What are some alternative ways to celebrate Valentine's Day?

While traditional gifts and activities like chocolates and fancy dinners are popular ways to celebrate Valentine's Day, there are also many alternative ways to celebrate. Some ideas include taking a trip or weekend getaway, cooking a special meal at home, or participating in a fun activity together like painting or dancing.

5. How can Valentine's Day be celebrated for those who are single?

Valentine's Day doesn't have to be just for couples - it can also be a day to celebrate love and appreciation for friends and family. Some ideas for singles to celebrate include hosting a Galentine's Day party, treating yourself to a spa day, or volunteering at a local charity. It's also a great opportunity to practice self-love and self-care.