Romantic Valentine's Day Ideas for Girlfriend

• Thread starter rocketboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary: To have a romantic date. In summary, your girlfriend is on the 9th of February, and you started dating on the 18th of February.
MIH, those were the same ones advertised on Hallmark Canada's site...i'm going to go there during my spare tomorrow.:smile:

Moonbear: Yes, I agree. Of course I will be paying for dinner, I never let a girl I take out pay for anything. So dinner and a teddy should be awesome right? Oh, and I've decided to take her for desert afterwards too, nothing sets the mood like decadent chocolate!

edit: which one? the gorilla is pretty cool...i don't really like the lion, it looks funny. The bear is good too. So which do u ppl like? Bear or Gorilla?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If I had had more time I would have sent Evo that bear because his voice sounds a bit like Teddy Ruxpin!

rocketboy said:
MIH, those were the same ones advertised on Hallmark Canada's site...i'm going to go there during my spare tomorrow.:smile:

Moonbear: Yes, I agree. Of course I will be paying for dinner, I never let a girl I take out pay for anything. So dinner and a teddy should be awesome right? Oh, and I've decided to take her for desert afterwards too, nothing sets the mood like decadent chocolate!

edit: which one? the gorilla is pretty cool...i don't really like the lion, it looks funny. The bear is good too. So which do u ppl like? Bear or Gorilla?
I agree, the lion looks funny. Either the bear or gorilla are cute. Since you said you like to be different, maybe go for the gorilla?

Moonbear said:
I agree, the lion looks funny. Either the bear or gorilla are cute. Since you said you like to be different, maybe go for the gorilla?
But the lion VIBRATES. Think of the possibilities...

Evo said:

LOL... i wouldn't want it stealing my job now would I?

rocketboy said:
LOL... i wouldn't want it stealing my job now would I?
Well, the lion is just to warm her up... :blushing:

Evo said:
Well, the lion is just to warm her up... :blushing:

well i guess it could be useful, i mean, i can't be there all the time right?

How big and in shape is her father? :biggrin: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
How big and in shape is her father? :biggrin: :rofl:

good point...i'll go with the gorilla.:rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
You made her a cake, Jason? That is so cool! Things that are "made for you" are so endearing.

Last year, the guy I was dating had a hobby of making jewelry with wire wrapping and semi-precious stones and he made me a necklace from a deep-red bloodstone. I thought that was awesome. Very personal and thoughtful.

Yeah, I'm the romance guy. :biggrin:

One of the things she really loved was how I was keeping a box of our stuff. After like 3 months of dating, I told her about it. She just loved it.

I still add to that box today. :approve:

JasonRox said:
Yeah, I'm the romance guy. :biggrin:

One of the things she really loved was how I was keeping a box of our stuff. After like 3 months of dating, I told her about it. She just loved it.

I still add to that box today. :approve:
OMG! Jason, will you marry me? :!) :!) :!)

Evo said:
I have a history of dating the most unromantic men in the world. :frown: In all my life I never received candy or flowers or even a card from someone I was dating. :cry: Husbands don't count because they feel obligated and my ex didn't even care to remember the type of flowers I liked. He always sent red roses. For years I told him not to send me red roses, and he always sent them. It got to the point where I hated red roses because it was a reminder that they were a thoughtless gesture.

The only exception to this was Bill, he went out of his way to try to undo some of the damage my ex did. We had broken up long before Valentine's day, yet he sent me 60 of my favorite flowers along with a huge box of exquisite hand made candies. Just as a friendly gesture. A couple of years later, out of the blue, I received a refrigerator magnet of a hippo head (I collect hippos). A short note said he'd seen it and thought of me and thought I'd like it. I had moved out of the state a year earlier, which made it even more surprising. He was a great guy. :cry: The timing just wasn't right, I wasn't willing to commit, so we parted.

Sorry, I'm hijacking the thread.
My God, I didn't realize you had this tragic history. I've always assumed a woman of your attractiveness would have been spoiled rotten with a surfeit of ramantic gestures.

This can't be tolerated. PM me where to send the Teddy Ruxpin (and where I might get hold of one).

zoobyshoe said:
My God, I didn't realize you had this tragic history. I've always assumed a woman of your attractiveness would have been spoiled rotten with a surfeit of ramantic gestures.
No, I never got anything. :cry: :cry:

This can't be tolerated. PM me where to send the Teddy Ruxpin (and where I might get hold of one).
Details for purchase will be coming. :smile: :!) :wink:

Evo said:
No, I never got anything. :cry: :cry:
This is just unacceptable. You are Evo, Queen of GD, and generally accepted apple of all men's eyes. You should have been drowning in Teddy Ruxpin's by now.

Details for purchase will be coming. :smile: :!) :wink:
Okey Dokey.

Evo said:
OMG! Jason, will you marry me? :!) :!) :!)

Where's the ring? :biggrin:

Evo said:
heh heh heh.. yeah... I am such an old geezer I was thinking it would be great for my sore shoulder!:rofl:

I was just at my laundromat, which is next to a Hallmark store, so I went in for a look while my clothes were drying. While there were plenty of teddy bears and gorillas left -- ALL of the vibrating lions were gone! :cry: :cry:

Math Is Hard said:
I was just at my laundromat, which is next to a Hallmark store, so I went in for a look while my clothes were drying. While there were plenty of teddy bears and gorillas left -- ALL of the vibrating lions were gone! :cry: :cry:
Yep, no surprise to me. (because I am an old geezer, vibrating lions are of great importance). :wink:

Happy Early V-Day everyone!

Over an hour later, and no PM from Evo. Once again my romantic urges have been assasinated.

Have a nice Valentine's Day all!

Evo said:
Yep, no surprise to me. (because I am an old geezer, vibrating lions are of great importance). :wink:
I am afraid I am geezing at a much faster rate than you, sis. It's all relative. In fact, I can probably blame much of it on my relatives. :biggrin:

zoobyshoe said:
Over an hour later, and no PM from Evo. Once again my romantic urges have been assasinated.

Have a nice Valentine's Day all!
I was watching people getting blown up on tv, sheesh.

And I cleared out my pm box just for you!

JasonRox said:
Where's the ring? :biggrin:
Damn, picky...

Ok, I will get a ring, what size?

zoobyshoe said:
This is just unacceptable. You are Evo, Queen of GD, and generally accepted apple of all men's eyes. You should have been drowning in Teddy Ruxpin's by now.
You'd think. <sniff>

They're on back order. :cry:

I love you zooby. <sniff>

Evo said:
Ok, I will get a ring, what size?

You tell me. :wink:

Evo said:
You'd think. <sniff>

They're on back order. :cry:

I love you zooby. <sniff>
So you say. Still no PM telling me where to send the romantic results of my day of Hippo shopping tomorrow.

Once again my romantic urges have been assassinated.

Have a happy Valentine's Day, all.

zoobyshoe said:
So you say. Still no PM telling me where to send the romantic results of my day of Hippo shopping tomorrow.

Have a happy Valentine's Day, all.
Awww...Zoob, it looks like she dumped you for Jason! :frown: I promise I'm not a lesbian, though I don't need any gifts either. Your presence here is gift enough. :smile:

zoobyshoe said:

No, I sent you all of my information. :!)

You are such a sweetheart. :smile:

Yes, the desparately awaited PM finally arrived. Now my life has purpose and meaning: to shower the Queen of GD with stuffed hippopotomi. I don't know why, but she likes that sort of thing.

OOOOh, just had a good idea: I bet the San Diego Zoo has Hippo stuff.

Last edited:
Hey, what's a cross between an elephant and a rhinoceros?

An elephino! HAHAHAHHA

Mk said:
Hey, what's a cross between an elephant and a rhinoceros?

An elephino! HAHAHAHHA

first time i heard that joke was on muppetts tonight, cracked me up... i miss that show.

speaking of valentines, my ex got me something and i didn't get him anything. but I'm also not interested, so i don't want to get something and give him the wrong impression... i dunno.

i miss elementary school, when you got to give valentines to everyone. that was so much fun. and all the cool kids had candy... that was great. i bought power puff girls valentines last year, but it was kinda odd handing them out on a college campus...

Math Is Hard said:
I am afraid I am geezing at a much faster rate than you, sis. It's all relative. In fact, I can probably blame much of it on my relatives. :biggrin:
Incidentally, I think the verb "to geeze" needs to be brought to the attention of lexicographers. It's a keeper.

Went to hallmark during my lunch break today, decided on the gorilla.:smile:

The store had them all turned off, so I had to find the battery pack to turn them on and test them out to decide which one I liked, the voice of the bear sounded funny so I went with boom boom. Can't wait until tomorrow!:!)

(Oh yea, I ended up being late for class because of it, and arrived with my colar up, shirt partly unbuttoned, tie over shoulder, blazer over my arm (i go to a private school with a uniform, and I had partially changed to go to the mall) and a beat red face from running across the parking lot to class...I entered and my friend Cat says "Jonny, are you getting dressed or undressed?" I thought it was pretty funny.)

I bought my Valentine, gift cards for cups coffee from all over town. That way, no matter where he is, he can have a cup and dream of me.

hypatia said:
I bought my Valentine, gift cards for cups coffee from all over town. That way, no matter where he is, he can have a cup and dream of me.

Reminds me of a birthday gift I got a girl once.

I wasn't seeing her, but we hung out a lot. I really liked her, but I knew not to be dumb and spend lots of money.

She loved French Fries, and so I went around town getting a small fry from every restaurant I could in a reasonable time. I got like 6 of them, and then I delivered it straight to her.

She loved it. :biggrin:

Oh now i remember what is a good gift, your diary ~