Validation issue in ANSYS MAXWELL regarding boundaries and excitations

In summary, to avoid the error, make sure to specify at least one of the required boundaries and ensure that your current distribution is properly defined. Remember to also keep track of any updates.
khaled_omar
I am facing this error disabling from obtaining magnetic field observation anyone has an idea on what I should do to avoid this error?

At least one of the following boundaries needs to be specified: Vector potential, Balloon or (odd)Symmetry.

the work is so basic just inject currents as a result its proportional to the magnetic fieldkeep me updated please

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
To avoid this error, you need to specify one of the boundaries mentioned above. For example, if you are injecting currents, you will need to define a Vector Potential boundary that describes the current distribution. You may also need to define a Balloon boundary or an (odd)Symmetry boundary if your system is symmetric in nature. Once you have set the appropriate boundary conditions, you should be able to obtain magnetic field observations.

1. What is a validation issue in ANSYS MAXWELL?

A validation issue in ANSYS MAXWELL refers to a problem or discrepancy between the expected and actual results of a simulation. It can occur due to errors in the model setup, incorrect boundary conditions, or issues with the excitation sources.

2. How can I identify a validation issue in ANSYS MAXWELL?

Validation issues can be identified by comparing the simulation results with known analytical or experimental data. If there is a significant difference between the two, it could indicate a validation issue. Additionally, examining the simulation setup and boundary conditions can also help in identifying potential issues.

3. What are some common causes of validation issues in ANSYS MAXWELL?

Some common causes of validation issues in ANSYS MAXWELL include incorrect or incomplete model geometry, incorrect material properties, incorrect boundary conditions, and improper setup of excitation sources. It is important to carefully review and validate all aspects of the simulation setup to avoid these issues.

4. How can I troubleshoot and resolve validation issues in ANSYS MAXWELL?

If you encounter a validation issue in ANSYS MAXWELL, the first step is to carefully review and validate all aspects of the simulation setup, including geometry, materials, boundary conditions, and excitation sources. You can also try adjusting the simulation settings or using different solvers to see if it improves the results. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to consult with ANSYS support or seek assistance from other experienced users.

5. How can I prevent validation issues in ANSYS MAXWELL?

To prevent validation issues in ANSYS MAXWELL, it is important to carefully review and validate all aspects of the simulation setup before running the simulation. This includes verifying the model geometry, materials, boundary conditions, and excitation sources. It is also helpful to compare the simulation results with known analytical or experimental data to ensure accuracy. Additionally, staying updated with the latest software updates and best practices can also help prevent validation issues.