Is Van Morrison's Voice Fading? A Review of His Recent Performance on ASL

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, Van Morrison's early music remains popular despite his weak voice. However, he has an impressive band with talented members such as a skilled Dobro/steel guitar player, a good fiddler, and a decent organist. The conversation also mentions how in the past, the speaker and their sister would perform tight-harmony versions of popular songs with Van Morrison, quickly filling the dance floor. Despite his weak voice, Van Morrison still delivers a punchy performance, but it seems he may struggle with extended notes due to potential health issues. Overall, the show is still enjoyable.
turbo
Gold Member
Van's voice is weak, but he has an impressive band, including a blond lady on Dobro/steel guitar who is pretty good and a good fiddler and a decent organist, too.

When I was running open-mike jams years back, and my sister showed up (she's the lead vocalist for her band), we would launch into tight-harmony versions of "Wild Nights" and "Brown-Eyed Girl" and fill the dance floor in seconds. Van Morrison's early music is still very popular.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Van's voice is weak? Never! I'm sorry I missed this.

FredGarvin said:
Van's voice is weak? Never! I'm sorry I missed this.
Unfortunately, yes. He still has his punchy delivery, but it seems like he lacks the wind for the follow-through, extended notes, etc. Maybe he was dealing with a cold when he recorded that ASL segment, or perhaps he's a smoker and the cigarettes have taken their toll. Still an enjoyable show.

What is ASL?

ASL stands for American Sign Language, a visual language used by members of the deaf and hard-of-hearing community in the United States and Canada.

Who is Van Morrison?

Van Morrison is a Northern Irish singer-songwriter and musician known for his soulful and unique blend of rock, blues, and folk music.

What does "tonight on ASL" mean?

"Tonight on ASL" is a phrase that indicates that Van Morrison will be performing or appearing on a show that uses ASL as its primary language for communication.

Why is Van Morrison performing on ASL?

Van Morrison may be performing on ASL to reach a wider audience and to show support for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community through the use of ASL interpretation during his performance.

How can I watch Van Morrison tonight on ASL?

The best way to watch Van Morrison on ASL is to check your local television listings or streaming platforms to see if the show is being broadcast or streamed. You can also check for tickets to attend the live performance if it is open to the public.

Back