Need Help with Various Questions?

• Thread starter Tenshu
  • Start date
In summary, there is a conversation where a biologist needs a specific mix of substances and has to calculate how much of a certain substance to use to obtain the desired mix. There is also a mathematical problem involving polynomial division and another involving trigonometric equations. Additionally, there is a question about blood group percentages and a calculus problem. Finally, there are two true or false questions and a problem about the relationship between CO2 production and alveolar ventilation.
Tenshu
Not exactly homework, but I still need help with them... I'm translating, so bare with me.

A biologist needs a mix of substances that consists of 23g of proteins, 6.2g of fat and 16g fluids. He has three substances of the following composition:

Code:
                  protein (%) fat (%) fluids (%)
substance 1      20           2         15
substance 2      10           6         10
substance 3      15           5         5

How much of substance 1 does the biologist have to use in a mix with the other 2 substances to obtain the mix asked for?

If [tex]x^4 + 4x^3 + 6px^2 + 4qx + r[/tex] can be divided by [tex]x^3 + 3x^2 + 9x + 3[/tex], then what is [tex]p (q+r)[/tex] ?

What value does x have in the equation [tex]2 cos^2 (3x + 30°) = 1[/tex] ?

I think it's 155, but I got that through hit and miss. Also, can't use my calculator.

In a study of ABO blood groups 6000 people have been tested. 1846 of them didn't have antigen A, nor antigen B. 2527 were positive for antigen A. 2234 were positive for antigen B. What percentage was found positive for both antigens?

What's the value of [tex]\int_{0}^{e-1} \frac{x-1}{x+1} dx [/tex] ?

Possible answers are e-5, e-3, e-1, 0.

True or false?
-The equation [tex]y^2 - 6y + 1 = 4x[/tex] is a parabole with maximum (-2,3)
-The equation [tex]y^2 + x^2 - 6y - 4x + 4 = 0[/tex] is a cirkel with radius 2.

At a certain production of CO2 in the human body, the arterial partial pressure of CO2 (pCO2) is in inverse relationship with alveolar ventilation. If the alveolar ventilation increases from 5 to 6.25 liters a minute, how much will pCO2 decrease (%) ?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, a ****load of homework, which you're supposed to work on...really. You'll need to show some work, how would you approach each problem...take it a step at a time.

It's not homework. TD helped me with it already - thanks though

1. What types of questions can I get help with?

You can get help with a wide range of questions in various subjects such as math, science, history, English, and more. Our team of experts is well-versed in different fields and can provide assistance with any academic or research-related question.

2. How quickly can I get a response to my question?

We strive to provide prompt responses to our clients' questions. However, the response time may vary depending on the complexity of the question and the availability of our experts. Rest assured that we will do our best to provide a timely and accurate answer to your question.

3. Are the answers provided by real experts?

Yes, all the answers provided by our service are from real experts who have a strong background in their respective fields. We carefully select and screen our experts to ensure that they have the knowledge and expertise to provide accurate and reliable answers.

4. Can I request for a specific expert to answer my question?

Yes, you can request a specific expert to answer your question if you have previously worked with them and were satisfied with their assistance. Otherwise, our system will automatically assign an expert who is best suited to answer your question.

5. Is my question and personal information kept confidential?

Yes, we take the privacy and confidentiality of our clients seriously. Your question and personal information will be kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of our team without your consent.