How Can I Integrate Fixed Point Iterations with Excel Using VBA?

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with using formulas in their code to export data into an Excel sheet. They mention using Do-Loops and the NR method, but are unsure if what they have is correct. They ask for advice or guidance from others and mention posting more in the future. They also ask about posting a macro or the Excel file.
Bradracer18
Hey guys...I'm not real smooth with programming, but I've got some of it done.

I need to use the formulas I have in the code, and export the data back into my excel sheet...The first Do-Loop is for the Fixed Point iterations, and the second part is for the NR method. I just need to learn how to make this get me my numbers into the spots on the sheet.

I'm not sure what I have is correct(other than the formulas).

If you guys can advise me, or show me once...I can probably do my best to carry it on.

Thank you,
Brad

***Ok, well it didn't let me attach the file...so I'm not sure what to do...

Can anyone help me out still...or maybe direct me to a website??

Technology news on Phys.org
You didn't give us a lot to go on, but... Look at the help for the CELLS function.

Actually, I mostly figured it out...I'll probably be posting more, as the year goes on...Thanks for the help tho!

Is there any way to post a macro...or the excel file?

What is VBA Fixed Point Iteration?

VBA Fixed Point Iteration is a numerical method used for solving equations by repeatedly substituting a guessed value for the unknown variable until the solution converges to a fixed point. It is commonly used in scientific and engineering applications.

How does VBA Fixed Point Iteration work?

In VBA Fixed Point Iteration, a guessed value for the unknown variable is substituted into the equation, producing a new value. This new value is then substituted back into the equation, and the process is repeated until the solution converges to a fixed point, which is the solution to the equation.

What are the advantages of using VBA Fixed Point Iteration?

VBA Fixed Point Iteration is a simple and efficient method for finding solutions to equations. It is also easy to implement in software programs, making it a popular choice for scientific and engineering applications.

What are the limitations of VBA Fixed Point Iteration?

One limitation of VBA Fixed Point Iteration is that it may not always converge to a solution, or it may converge to a wrong solution. The convergence of the method also depends on the initial guessed value and the equation itself.

How can I use VBA Fixed Point Iteration in Excel?

In Excel, VBA Fixed Point Iteration can be implemented by creating a user-defined function that takes in the equation and the initial guessed value as inputs, and outputs the solution. The function can then be used in a cell to calculate the solution to the equation.