1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vector 2

1. Sep 7, 2009 #1
    Determine, using the vector components, the module of the vector sum of the four vector data in the figure.
    Consider = 3V2 inches, b = 3 cm, c = 6 cm and d = 5 cm.
    Adopt: sin α (alpha) = 0.60; cos α (alpha) = 0.80 and
    sin 45 degrees = cos 45 degrees = V2/2

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5909/sssfv.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2009 #2
    If you are looking for help, please show an attempt at the solution. Don't just post the question and expect it to be answered.

Thanks
    Matt

4. Sep 7, 2009 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Do you mean that the length of vector a is [itex]3\sqrt{2}[/itex] inches? And why in the world would one length be given in "inches" and the other in "cm"? Are you sure a is not [itex]3\sqrt{2}[/itex] cm as well?

Since the problem says "using the vector components", what are the vector components of the four vectors?

5. Sep 8, 2009 #4
    I'm sorry, google translate :(
    a = 3V2 cm , b = 3 cm, c = 6 cm e d = 5 cm.

sen α (alpha) = 0,60; cos α (alpha) = 0,80; e sen 45 graus = cos 45 graus = V2/2

And CFDFEAGURU, I don't know how to do this question, please if anyone knows how to do please tell me. I have the answer, but I don't know how to do.

The answer is 4.

6. Sep 8, 2009 #5
    Add up all the x-components of the vectors and then add up all the y-components of the vectors.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook