Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vector Calc Questions

1. Sep 21, 2008 #1
    Ignore.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2008 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

How "help" you? All you have done is post the problems. If you don't tells what you DO understand about the problems, or show us what you have tried and where you are stuck, I don't know what we can say that will help.

4. Sep 21, 2008 #3
    I'm not trying to be rude, but I just need explanations on how I should do those questions. I've done all the others questions, but I got stuck on those.

5. Sep 22, 2008 #4
    You still haven't shown what you tried and where you are getting stuck?

6. Sep 22, 2008 #5
    Don't worry, a mod can close or delete this thread. Apparently it was too much to request. Next time I'll take pictures of my dry erase board and post them.

7. Sep 22, 2008 #6
    You are mistaken. Getting help here is not too much of a request, asking others to do your work for you, is. There is no need to take pictures of your dry erase board, you can simply show your steps on here by typing them out and then saying "now I'm stuck" or "I think the next step is... but I don't know how to logically get there". A few of the questions you got stuck on were proof questions, at your level it seems those are pretty rare but if you continue to take math courses, you will get more and more of them - you need to get used to spending hours on a single problem. Some of your problems seemed to have been purely computational, which suggests that you haven't looked up formulas, that is not good. At the very least when you ask a question you should know all the definitions and formulas that apply to that question.

8. Sep 22, 2008 #7
    Considering I am voluntarily doing the problems, its not work I'm trying to have other people do for me. Like I said even one clear, not beating around the bush, answer would have helped. I didn't have time explain everything I knew about the questions b/c I was studying.

9. Sep 22, 2008 #8
    It IS work you are trying to have others do for you, maybe not work that you have to turn in but work you have to understand since hopefully those questions are reflective of what will be tested. If you don't have time to explain everything you know about a problem and show your thought process, then why would you expect others to take their time out :-). The point of this forum, IMO, is to help guide students to the right answer by showing where their flaw in logic comes into play. If you show your work, people can point out that you made an error in either computations or logic and you will remember it better rather than looking at someone's solution and going "oh yeah that looks right". Good luck in your studies.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?