Kmh. Vector Drawing Help: Homework Equations & Solutions

In summary, the puppy ran a total distance of 11km and had a net displacement of 0km. The average speed of the puppy was 9.17 km/h and the average velocity was 0 km/h. To determine the displacement, we need to accurately draw the vectors and use head to tail vector addition. The average velocity is calculated by dividing the vector displacement by time.
Confetti

Homework Statement

A puppy runs 4km west, 2km south, and then 5km 30 degrees south of east. Determine the total distance he walked and his net displacement. If it took him 1.2 hours to complete the run, find his average speed and his average velocity.

a) Draw all vectors with correct direction and magnitudes. State the scale you are using to represent the vectors.
b) Use head to tail vector addition to find the resultant displacement. Show your addition of vectors graphically. (Use different colors for each of the vectors as well as the resultant).
c) State the displacement and distance traveled by puppy.
d) Calculate the average speed and average velocity of the puppy. Show all calculations including equation and substitution with units.

Homework Equations

Pythagorean Theorm: a^2+b^2=c^2

velocity = distance/time

The Attempt at a Solution

For part A I draw the vectors and it created a triangle with the lengths of 4km, 2km, and 5km.

The distance traveled by puppy I determined to be 11km adding all the distances the puppy ran. As for the displacement I am unsure of, I think it is 0 because it started off running 4km west then 2km south and then back to the original by running 5km.

For average velocity I did velocity = distance divided by time which gave me 11Kmh/1.2h = 9.1666666667

Physics news on Phys.org
It's hard to help if we can't see your diagram. For example, he definitely didn't travel in a triangle. Please reconsider your diagram. Also, average velocity is not distance divided by time. It is vector displacement divided by time. To get the vector displacement, you need to get the diagram right.

What Chester said. Sounds like you drew a vector roughly "north of east" rather than the stated "south of east". Have another go.

1. What is Kmh. Vector Drawing?

Kmh. Vector Drawing is a computer program used for creating and manipulating vector graphics. It allows users to create precise, scalable images using mathematical equations rather than individual pixels, making it ideal for creating logos, illustrations, and other graphics.

2. How do I use Kmh. Vector Drawing?

To use Kmh. Vector Drawing, you must first download and install the program on your computer. Once installed, you can open the program and begin creating your vector graphics. The program offers a variety of tools and features to help you create and edit your images, and there are many tutorials and guides available online to help you get started.

3. What are some common homework equations and solutions for Kmh. Vector Drawing?

Some common homework equations and solutions for Kmh. Vector Drawing include creating geometric shapes using mathematical formulas, applying transformations such as rotation and scaling to objects, and using the pen tool to draw custom shapes. It is also common to use the program to create graphs and charts based on data.

4. Can I export my vector drawings to other programs?

Yes, Kmh. Vector Drawing allows you to export your vector drawings to other programs such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, and Inkscape. This allows you to continue working on your designs or use them in other projects.

5. Is Kmh. Vector Drawing suitable for beginners?

While Kmh. Vector Drawing may seem daunting at first, it is suitable for beginners with some basic computer skills. The program offers a user-friendly interface and many tutorials and guides to help beginners learn the basics. With practice and patience, anyone can learn to use Kmh. Vector Drawing effectively.