1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vector properties

1. Mar 14, 2015 #1
    Is there something said about [itex]\lim_{||v||\to 0} \frac{v_i}{||v||} [/itex]? Is it correct to assume if the length of a vector approaches 0, then any component of that vector has to approach 0, aswell?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2015 #2
    I would say yes.... check out the proof I did... which I think works.. and similarily with substituting into y.

Attached Files:

4. Mar 14, 2015 #3

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

It is against the rules at PF to give answers like that. You should've asked the OP to calculate the limits himself/herself.

5. Mar 14, 2015 #4
    I didn't post this in a homeworks' section and it isn't one, either. I was merely curious and couldn't find relevant info on it myself, since my English is bad.

6. Mar 14, 2015 #5

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the section. But I wanted to mention it to Danny, who is new here. It would still have been better to start by pointing you in the right direction.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook