1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vector QED Feynman rule

1. Oct 16, 2015 #1
    So this isn't a homework problem really, but based on the posting rules for the HEP section this seems to fit better here. My issue is that I'm trying to use a Feynman diagram to represent a Bremsstrahlung process in which a vector particle is produced: $$ Z + e^- \rightarrow Z + e^- + v. $$ If I make the lowest order Feynman diagrams of the situation, you get the two in the PDF I attached on here. The problems I have are twofold -- the first is: can I ignore the proton here are just have an incoming photon, thus reducing these diagrams to looking just like the two for Compton scattering (except with outgoing v instead of a photon)? If I can't, how do I find the amplitude from a diagram that looks like this? The second problem is this: regardless of whether or not I can draw this without the proton, what's the vertex factor for $$e^- \rightarrow \e^- + v $$ and what is the external line factor associated ith a vector particle? I've looked all around and can't seem to find the information I need, so any help would be great. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted