Vector Resultant Help: Get Answers Now!

In summary, The conversation is about solving a vector problem. The person is asked to explain how they got their answers for C and B. They mention using Pythagoras to find the resultant from AB and having a logical equation for the answer. They also mention that the resultant should be the same for all points since they are relative to each other.
02drai
Help please on vector. I have scanned my answer and question.

Thanks

Attachments

• q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 358
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 384
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi 02drai :smile:

Before we deal with D, I'm worried about your answers for C and B …

C = √(7.072 + 7.072) = √(50 + 50) = 10 …

yes 10 is correct, but how did you get it? :confused:

And can you please also say how you got B (yes, it's right too), since if you got it the right way, you should know how to get D.

tiny-tim said:
Hi 02drai :smile:

Before we deal with D, I'm worried about your answers for C and B …

C = √(7.072 + 7.072) = √(50 + 50) = 10 …

yes 10 is correct, but how did you get it? :confused:

And can you please also say how you got B (yes, it's right too), since if you got it the right way, you should know how to get D.

What i did was to find resultant from AB was just pythagoras. I have got answer and i tried to put logical equation. However, why i get idea that the resultant should be same for all point since they are all relative to eaxh other.

1. What is a vector resultant?

A vector resultant is the sum of two or more vectors. It represents the overall displacement or force of the combined vectors. It can be calculated by adding the x-components and y-components of the individual vectors.

2. How do you find the magnitude of a vector resultant?

To find the magnitude of a vector resultant, you can use the Pythagorean theorem. First, square the x-component and the y-component of the vector resultant. Then, add the two values together and take the square root of the sum.

3. What is the difference between a scalar and a vector?

A scalar is a quantity that has magnitude, or size, but no direction. Examples of scalars include time, mass, and temperature. A vector, on the other hand, has both magnitude and direction. Examples of vectors include displacement, velocity, and force.

4. Can vectors be added or subtracted?

Yes, vectors can be added or subtracted. When adding or subtracting vectors, you must take into account their direction and magnitude. You can add or subtract vectors by using the head-to-tail or parallelogram method.

5. How are vectors used in real life?

Vectors are used in many aspects of our daily lives. They are used in navigation systems, such as GPS, to determine direction and distance. Vectors are also used in physics to represent forces and motion. In engineering, vectors are used to design structures and machines to withstand different forces and loads.