Solve Vector Trajectory Homework: Find Velocity, Draw Diagram

In summary, the object is initially traveling N59.5E at a speed of 5.5 m/s. It then experiences an acceleration of 4.4 m/s^2, S76.6E for 1.5 seconds, followed by 2.6 seconds of no acceleration. It then experiences a second acceleration of 4.4 m/s^2, N59.5E for 2.1 seconds. To find the final velocity, the equations d=v1t + 1/2at^2 and Sine Law were used. The resultant velocity's magnitude was found by taking the square root of 5.5^2 + 6.6^2 and the direction was determined to
Absolut10

Homework Statement

An object is traveling N59.5E at 5.5 m/s
It experiences an acceleration of 4.4 m/s^2, S76.6E for 1.5 Seconds
When it ends it proceeds for 2.6 seconds with no acceleration
Then is experiences a second acceleration of 4.4 m/s^2, N59.5E for 2.1 seconds

I need to find out the velocity at the end of the two accelerations and draw a diagrm of the path taken by the object

Homework Equations

d=v1t + 1/2at^2
Sine Law

The Attempt at a Solution

I proceeded to find the resultant velocity's magnitude by doing the sqaure root of 5.5^2 + 6.6^2, then using sine law to find the direction of 41.45 degrees. I know i now have to do it again 2 times but i was wondering if this was right?

Physics news on Phys.org
Write the equations in vector form, what is the velocity as a vector and what is the acceleration as a vector?

1. What is a vector trajectory?

A vector trajectory is a representation of the path of a moving object in a particular direction with a specific speed. It is commonly used in physics and engineering to analyze the motion of objects.

2. How do I find the velocity of an object using vector trajectory?

To find the velocity, you will need to use the equation v = Δd/Δt, where v is the velocity, Δd is the change in distance, and Δt is the change in time. By measuring the displacement and time interval, you can calculate the velocity of the object at a particular point in its trajectory.

3. What is the importance of drawing a diagram in vector trajectory problems?

Drawing a diagram is crucial in vector trajectory problems because it helps visualize the motion of the object and its direction. It also aids in identifying the components of the vector, such as the x and y components, which are necessary for solving the problem.

4. How do I determine the direction of the velocity vector in a diagram?

The direction of the velocity vector can be determined by using the right-hand rule. Point your thumb in the direction of the initial velocity, and curl your fingers towards the final velocity. The direction of your fingers will represent the direction of the velocity vector.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving vector trajectory homework?

Some common mistakes to avoid include not using the correct units for velocity and time, not considering the direction of the velocity vector, and not properly labeling the diagram. It is also important to double-check your calculations and make sure they are accurate.