1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vectors problem

1. Oct 31, 2013 #1
    Hello, my problem is attached as a picture. Could you give me some guidelines on how to approach the problem? (i know the given formulas are derived using QM (probably), and i'm not "scared" from them, i just need to know where to do a cross or a dot product, and maybe how to approach the last part of the problem - the speed of contact with the ground. This would probably mean that the vector displacement finish point will be at (a, b, 0).)

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2013 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I don't see any QM in there.
    You have the equation of motion along with clues to ##\vec{V}## and ##\vec{A}## - why not use this?

It may help if you pick a direction for U - if it has to be general, then ##\vec{V}=U\hat{V}## which will have zero y component (because it is "horizontal").

Notice the the y-axis is "up".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted