Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vehicle ride vibration

1. Jun 26, 2010 #1
    Hi guys, I want to estimate vehicle pitching, bouncing and rolling natual frequencies. I am doubdful in the vehicle excitement. How can I understand if the excitation has a good frequency content?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2010 #2

Ranger Mike

Science Advisor

tuff question..you have to understand the basics of the vehicle suspension before you can
    1. determine proper spring rate
    2. proper shock ( dampers)
    also
    what type tire? tire construction..radial . bias ply, material ??
    i suggest you read race car suspension post i did earlier on this forum
    you have to look at track surface ( road conditions)

4. Jun 27, 2010 #3
    I have studied the problem, I am interested to frequency from 0 to 10Hz at maximun for bouncing and pitching, while for rolling from 0 to 3Hz. I have read there is a ISO's standard for estimating the vehicle frequency rolling responce, through the application of a steering wheel oscillation, but it isn't good for me because I have to measure also other accelerations and they has a good meanings only during real vehicle travelling condition. I have thougth to pass on a rough track at different speeds, but my doubt is to understand if the excitation frequency amplitude content is good enough since I cant control precisely the excitation. I hope to have explained better my problem.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  5. Jun 30, 2010 #4
    can anyone help me?

6. Jul 7, 2010 #5
    up!

bye

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook